Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Heyman perhaps working with Ronda Rousey

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Paul Heyman perhaps working with Ronda Rousey

Justin Barrasso (I know, I know) of SI is still reporting that Paul Heyman could be paired with Ronda Rousey after WrestleMania, depending on how Rousey manages to resonate with the fans in the interim.

Rousey is very green, anyone can see that. And the way she talks isn't really in the WWE style as of yet. I'm positive she'll grow into it but you can tell she's not confident in her surroundings yet. She's had acting roles but it's pretty evident that she's never did anything like the WWE are asking her to do now.

Would teaming her with Heyman be a good idea? Yeah, you've got to believe it would be. She can learn so much from one of the most gifted talkers in the game and elevate her performance as a result. Do I think it'll happen? Probably not actually. There can always be a case for Heyman to move onto Rousey but I still think Lesnar will stick with the WWE and he needs Heyman a lot more than Rousey does.

Yeah, Ronda Rousey is extremely green and she can use all the help she can get but I'm wondering if maybe Heyman is someone who can work with her behind the scenes by helping her become more acclimated to talking in general.

As for Heyman being her manager, I don't know that I like that idea because it's simply far, far too easy for Vince to simply say "just have them do the Lesnar/Heyman act, just with Ronda instead of Lesnar." I don't know that I trust Vince not to take the easiest route and one that I don't think will do Rousey any favors in the long run. We've had Brock Lesnar, I've seen what he brings to the table but I want to see what Ronda Rousey brings, not Ronda Rousey using the Brock Lesnar formula.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This has been rumoured for months (even before she eventually signed) and I think it'd be a silly idea. I'd like to see her develop her skills on the mic and the best way to do that is to not have a manager.

Plus Heyman didn't work well for Curtis Axel.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Brock never gave a shit about anything and Heyman hid that.

Rhonda seems to really care about the business and doesn't need a mouthpiece. What she needs is practise

5. Likes Spidey, smarkmouth liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Y'all a tough crowd. She didn't seem all that green to me. Like yeah, she was obviously fangirling at the Rumble and Elimination Chamber but she dialed it back a bit Monday. I thought it was sorta endearing, being exactly how an athlete who grew up on WWE would act in reality, but eh. Her facial expressions are already better than a majority of active performers who've done this for a long time. Seriously, go back and look at her serious face - her head to head with Triple H. It was fantastic.

Does she NEED Paul Heyman? No. She just needs to relax a bit more and find herself on the mic in front of a wrestling crowd. But she's finding her footing rather quickly I think. Look back at all the celebrities and sports stars through the decades that popped into WWE programming and you'll find that Ronda is far ahead of most of them when it comes to her mic work. I'm all for giving her more time before strapping her with a manager, and definitely not Paul Heyman, who only really worked for Lesnar.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah someone said on Monday "she's a lifelong fan in the ring with Triple H and Kurt Angle" plus it's all worth it to build up to her stare.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Her promo at Elimination Chamber was pretty bad, but I think she needs more experience. Her promo on Raw was an improvement.

She doesn't need Heyman. Let her be herself.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think she needs a talker either. Rousey already has a character: she's a nice, sweet person who loves wrestling but if you get on her bad side, she'll give you a look that could cut through steel. The fact that she's an Olympic medalist in a combat sport makes her all the more dangerous and gives her the credibility to back it up. Give her a loose script and let her actions do the rest of the talking. Heyman was Lesnar's mouthpiece from the start when Lesnar was an unproven commodity. Rousey doesn't have that issue and can just break an arm to do the talking for her. This is overthinking the issue and not really giving her a chance in the first place. She's made three appearances so far and as long as she doesn't have to do any more pointing, I don't see the need for Heyman.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hope not. I don't think that Paul Heyman has worked good enough with anyone else except Brock Lesnar. Ronda wasn't good at Elimination Chamber. But she certainly upped her game on next Raw. The way she performed was perfect. Let her hone her skills with time instead of having Paul Heyman as her manager. She certainly has the will power and passion to do so. So why not?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Giving someone who is so green such a high profile spot on the card is always going to have issues. I don't think anyone expected her to come in and be Miz or Cena in front of a camera on day one. If they do intend to give her a relatively full time schedule, then by all means let her find her footing and grow on her own. If they intend to give her the part time special attraction treatment, then she may need a mouthpiece unless she is putting in a lot of work at the PC. Even then, performing in from of twenty people in promo class isn't the same as performing in front of 10k people live on Raw.

I may be in the minority here, but I do think Heyman could work for her if they did go that route. i don't want to see that, but look at the clients Heyman was managed in WWE. Brock is the obvious success, because Brock is larger than life with real life accomplishments and Heyman can talk that up. He had some success with Punk, because Punk was already established by himself and in the midst of a historic title run, so Heyman could talk that up. The other guys he tried to talk up, had no points worth talking about. Axel was a career jobber, Ryback was a career choker (and Heyman proposed to him), Big Show was treated as a fluke champion, and all those guys he tried to build a stable with with Albert and Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones were nothing. Ronda has those legit accomplishments and is built around that, so Heyman could talk her up just as he did Brock.

Thread Information