Thread: Who should be the next World Champions in WWE and when?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who should be the next World Champions in WWE and when?

The Fiend and Brock Lesnar are the two world champions in WWE and the two strongest booked and most protected wrestlers.

Whoever defeats them will be getting a massive push, and that honor shouldn't go to just anyone. WWE has an opportunity to create two new top stars. Lesnar has dropped the title twice before to Reigns and Rollins to mixed results at best. Either of them could become champion again, but I'm ready to move on for now.

Who should be the next champions and essentially the next top stars and when?

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just a long shot, but I'd go with Drew McIntyre and Baron Corbin. Not my picks but it seems possible.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

4. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    Just a long shot, but I'd go with Drew McIntyre and Baron Corbin. Not my picks but it seems possible.
    While I'm game for both guys getting a shot (especially Corbin), since they are both heels it really wouldn't work well for either of them to defeat the heel Fiend and the heel Brock Lesnar. If Lesnar turns face then MAYBE it would work, but turning Lesnar is impossible with this schedule, as nobody will root for the title to go away. I also don't think either would have a great match against Lesnar, as his matches with smaller performers are more palatable.

The person who really should take the belt from Lesnar, and I have said it for a year or so now is Aleister Black. At WrestleMania. Bell rings, Black Mass, Pin. 6 seconds.

As for Wyatt, I would love to see them pull the trigger on Ali. There's a great story there with Ali always talking about the light and all that, and The Fiend making people change. Ali being the one guy who doesn't is a perfect story.

Wyatt/Black would be a good one too. Ali/Lesnar would fun to watch, but Ali wouldn't win.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Forgot about Braun. Braun would be my next World Champion.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I fully agree with Black over Brock. If they could just slightly tweak the way Black is presented in character promo wise he could make a good champion. I don't think it'll be too long before he is a champion in some way.

Braun Strowman over Wyatt tells the best story for that belt and it's long overdue that Braun has a world title. Braun smashing through the background wall during FFFH would also be an amazing visual.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's a bit soon for The Fiend to lose the belt but it should be to Bryan next month.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Drew McIntyre at wrestlemania.

13. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Drew is stone cold. That isn't happening anytime soon.

As far as the WWE Championship goes, I'm leaning more towards Drew McIntyre than anyone else. McIntyre is a stud and someone who can be counted onto help carry WWE through the coming decade. He's big, he's strong, he's fast, he's athletic, he has a great presence, he has a great look and he can deliver on the mic when given a real opportunity. McIntyre makes a good heel but he also makes a good babyface in that he's come off in the past as this really hard working, intense and passionate guy who wants to be the best he can be. That sort of babyface radiates with fans as there's almost a blue collar feel about it, though McIntyre doesn't look like a blue collar guy, he does have something along the lines of blue collar values. WWE has kinda sorta touched on Brock Lesnar's mercenary way of doing things, his sweetheart of a deal, how he doesn't really care about WWE except for the big paychecks he gets, etc. but they've never gone all out and McIntyre can drive home those points in a much more passionate way than we saw Seth Rollins do it earlier this year. Also, McIntyre going over Lesnar to win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania would be a HUGE moment for McIntyre. WWE has been dangling the carrot of a main event push in front of him for the last year and a half or so and I think it's time they delivered on it as he spent much of this year being wasted as Shane McMahon's heavy.

As for the Universal Championship, I'm not really sure at this point. As of right now, Wyatt's matches as "the Fiend" are more about putting over the character and establishing it rather than having all time classics, which puts me in mind a lot of the Undertaker in the first few years he was around. When I look at the SmackDown roster, I don't know that there's anybody right here and now that I WANT to beat Bray Wyatt, though Daniel Bryan probably comes the closest, and maybe I'll have to wait for someone to be brought in from NXT. Unfortunately, by the way things are looking right now, I have a feeling the next Universal Champion is going to be Roman Reigns as they're going back to really, really, really protecting him. Reigns almost never loses and usually the way he does lose is due to massive amounts of outside interference; Corbin holds a couple of wins over him but it took Ziggler, Roode and half a dozen other members of Corbin's "security force" in order to do it. Reigns will get a decisive win over Corbin, move on and probably find himself right smack in the Universal Championship picture for WrestleMania where he'll be the one to defeat "the Fiend" like the superhero Vince has been repeatedly trying to book him as for the better part of 5 years now.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

16. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Next WWE Championship title change could be happens at Wrestlemania 36.

18. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information