Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Samoa Joe at WrestleMania?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What to do with Samoa Joe at WrestleMania?

Reports are saying that Samoa Joe will be back in Mid-march after recovering from the foot injury that kept him out of the Royal Rumble. With that in mind, I'm wondering what people think will happen to him come WrestleMania?

Joe is a real talent and I think the WWE really like him. He's been influenced feuds with some of the biggest superstars in the company and he has been reasonably successful in those endeavours. He seems to have been promoted to this, kind of, S-tier enforcer that seems to be really working for him. The crowd really like him and he's got a real good following.

For me, if he's fit, I'd love to see him battle Braun at WrestleMania - especially if they are just tossing Strowman into a multi man match for the IC Championship. I'd much rather see these two behemoths beat each other senseless in a no DQ match for 20 minutes than see them both tucked away somewhere worthless.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The rumour is that Cena requested he or Rey Mysterio (that's covered elsewhere) be his opponent at Mania. Now if Taker's out and Mysterio can't for whatever reason (he's working for New Japan versus Liger that weekend, but it shouldn't stop him as that's a one and done deal), then Cena versus Joe is something I'd love to see.

Otherwise, I don't really know. In both his Lesnar and Reigns feuds he was built up, just to lose to them. A definitive win in a programme would be nice, and if he gets put with Strowman, which would be really fun don't get me wrong, he won't get that. Maybe keep him off TV and have him win the ARMBR as a surprise return? Adding him to the IC cluster does nothing for me personally unless he's winning it which I doubt. There are a few possibilities, I just hope he gets to appear on Mania after missing last year.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm all for Joe vs Strowman, letting those 2 hosses beat the hell out of each other for 15-20 minutes would be extremely entertaining for me. I'd also be good with Joe vs Cena since it could give Joe a big win on his first Mania, but I wouldn't be down for the latter if Cena goes over because as mentioned above Joe could use a feud win.

If he wasn't facing one of those two, maybe send him over to Smackdown and have him beat Roode for the US Title on the grandest stage of em all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I'm all for Joe vs Strowman, letting those 2 hosses beat the hell out of each other for 15-20 minutes would be extremely entertaining for me. I'd also be good with Joe vs Cena since it could give Joe a big win on his first Mania, but I wouldn't be down for the latter if Cena goes over because as mentioned above Joe could use a feud win.

If he wasn't facing one of those two, maybe send him over to Smackdown and have him beat Roode for the US Title on the grandest stage of em all.
    I'd be more than okay with Roode versus Samoa Joe for the US Championship at Mania actually. Two guys that know each other very well and can go some? Yeah, that;d be pretty good to be honest. I don't know who I'd rather see win that match, honestly. But I think that Joe needs it a bit more. Hypothetical, of course.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If they can't give him something meaningful that can have some actual build up, I'd rather they just leave him off and have him return on Raw the night after. I don't want to see him shoved in the battle royal or thrown in a multi-man clusterfuck.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Samoa Joe is back in time for Wrestlemania, you can almost bet that he'll be thrown into the multi-man match for the Intercontinental Title. As far as WWE is concerned, that's the best use for people that are a big deal but not important enough for one of the top spots. I'd love to see Strowman vs. Joe as it's a case where either guy could win, which is how things should be more often than not. But yeah, I wouldn't bet on Joe getting a story. Why do the work when you don't have to?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cena wanted Joe, but if Joe doesn't make it in time for Wrestlemania then they'll throw him into the IC title match. Which I think is a waste but then again, they have SO MUCH good talent that they can't leave out of the show.

I'd be fine with Joe vs. Strowman, I'd also be fine with Joe being added to the Intercontinental Championship match.

Officials are said to be high on Joe, and for good reason, but the problem is that Joe has had some injury issues that've sidelined him a couple of times. If he can stay healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe head to SmackDown in the post WrestleMania draft, superstar shakeup or whatever Vince wants to call it for something of a fresh start. Joe would be a great fit in either the US or WWE Championship pictures.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bill Lesnar would save his return for the raw after wrestlemania, where he announces himself as Reigns's first challenger.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mysterio vs. Cena isn’t the dream match some people are building it up to be. Joe vs. Cena is by far a bigger match than that one, no disrespect to Rey. I’m in the camp that if it’s not Cena, then it’s Joe vs. Braun in a battle of monsters.

Thread Information