Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT! Season 5?

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ANNOUNCEMENT! Season 5?

SEASON 4 IS ALMOST OVER!

Who is interested in Season 5? A draft will not start until after the Royal Rumble (and it looks like thankfully this season will end BEFORE the Rumble). Not only because we will barely be finished but because I will be in Houston for the Rumble and won't be able to run it. Besides, it wouldn't be fair to start a draft and the 4th pick knows who's going to WrestleMania whereas the 1st pick doesn't.

Same rules for the most part. However, I have a couple thoughts that I'd like input on

1. Would anyone like the idea of a Keeper system (2 of your current roster you can keep for the new season)? If not for this current season maybe we draft anew and that starts a keeper league.
    2. I think I want to adjust the tag team scoring so that the person who gets the fall gets an additional point (ie if New Day wins a match with Kofi gaining the fall, Big E gets 5 and Kofi gets 6). The other idea could be subtracting a point for the person who suffers the fall. This will reward the winner (or punish the loser), and help with the value for Tag Team competitors.

I like an 8 team league but I can do a 10 person league as well.

Please everyone give me your ideas, I'm open to anything. If we want to wait for Season 5 we can do that too. Maybe we wait a month and we can finish that season with an AEW PPV.

2. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in. I'm keeping Rhea.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Im down for season 5.
    As for keepers, I don't mind, although I am trying to set an unattainable record for most add/drops in a single season.
    I do find it sad that in 9 hours of weekly tv plus monthly ppvs, we have so many roster spots go pointless for weeks.
    I like the tag team adjustment as well. I don't know about decreasing points for taking a loss unless we increase points for the loss too. Getting 2 points on a tag team loss is already brutal

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm down for anything. Keep the roster or a new draft, matter it does not.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd be in, can I suggest a possible rule change though? Maybe we can limit free agent signings to one per week? It might make the draft and the rosters mean more as the main strategy now is to look up the previews for the shows (particularly AEW and NXT) and pick up whoever's being featured in a match. Not complaining or anything, but it gives first-come first-serve a definite advantage. But if everyone likes the way it is, that's cool too.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in! Should we do keepers, I'll keep my good Montreal boy Kevin Owens

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in again. Eventually I'm gonna win lol

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHOLCOMB22 View Post
    Im down for season 5.
    As for keepers, I don't mind, although I am trying to set an unattainable record for most add/drops in a single season.
    You likely won't be able to make set your add/drop record next year for a very specific reason.... (read below)

I do find it sad that in 9 hours of weekly tv plus monthly ppvs, we have so many roster spots go pointless for weeks.
    There's 9 hours, but the thing is there's 3 hours for one roster, and 2 hours for each other roster. As such there is only so much time for so many performers.

I like the tag team adjustment as well. I don't know about decreasing points for taking a loss unless we increase points for the loss too. Getting 2 points on a tag team loss is already brutal

It was gonna be one or the other, and I prefer the adding for winning, so that's the likely route.

Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    I'd be in, can I suggest a possible rule change though? Maybe we can limit free agent signings to one per week? It might make the draft and the rosters mean more as the main strategy now is to look up the previews for the shows (particularly AEW and NXT) and pick up whoever's being featured in a match. Not complaining or anything, but it gives first-come first-serve a definite advantage. But if everyone likes the way it is, that's cool too.
    I was thinking about this.

My solution was to have a waiver system.

You can put in a waiver claim at any time for any free agent. Say you see on Smackdown that next week Shorty G is gonna wrestle Sheamus. 6 people can put in a claim for Shorty G immediately. The person with the lowest record would receive Shorty G at the start of Free Agency (Monday night after RAW goes off the air).

The rules will possibly also include an additional Free Agent pickup to replace a (legit) injured, (legit) suspended, or released performer who will miss an extended period of time (the vast majority of the season, etc). This would be on a case per case basis.

Also, you'd be limited to 1 Waiver claim, and 1 Free Agent pickup per week. That I think is the best of both worlds. You can still have weekly pickups but also not being completely outrageous in roster moves. In a fantasy football league it is a regular strategy to streamline your last spots on a week to week basis based on matchups. Hell a lot of people do that with Kickers and Special Teams in Fantasy Football. But it is a bit out of hand I think.

Finally, I think the league will have 1 keeper for next season. So everyone would be able to designate one performer on their current roster they want for the next season. This will also make the next draft 9 rounds instead of 10. You do not have to keep someone if you really don't want to but if you don't then you get a 10th round pick so it would be foolish not to.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

10. Likes JHOLCOMB22 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I feel like I keep breaking the league, whether it be exploiting the 24/7 championship in season 3, or the waiver/free agent wire this season. Wait until you see what I have in store to game the system in season 5. (just kidding....i think)

Thread Information