Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact LD - All Dates

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
    I mean, shitting on IMPACT has been a thing as long as I can remember. Every ROH show I went to at the Manhattan Center usually lead with a "FUCK TNA" chant.

Have fun, though. That looks like a helluva show. Maybe things will be different this time around given the new leadership and the fact the Hardy hatchet is finally buried.
    I'm not 100% sure I'm going as it's WrestleCon (about a 5 hour event) in the morning, Rev Pro in the afternoon and then three hours between Rev Pro and Impact. That's a long, long day.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Didn't go to Impact vs. Lucha (today was a nightmare and going to a show with a three hour wait beforehand wasn't happening). I did however meet a bunch of Impact people at WrestleCon.

James Storm. Met him before at a TNA show. Upon hearing that, he apologized for making me sit through it, which was very similar to what Bully Ray said last year. I did mention that it was the best fan experience I'd ever had for the meet and greets alone and that made him smile.

Impact had its own table, which was completely hidden behind the line to meet Ric Flair. Later on I went over and met:

Matt Sydal. Got to pick up the X Title for a second, which is nowhere near as heavy as the World Title. I mentioned getting to see him take the RKO out of the air live (which you've likely seem) and he didn't remember where it was. It was in Lexington, which he said he should remember since he gets asked about it a lot.

Eli Drake. And we have a winner. Drake was nice, funny, charismatic etc. I asked if he'd call me a dummy and he said he might, but then he just looks at me asking him questions and thinks DUMMY! YEAH! After that he smiled and shook my hand. I mentioned he had been my favorite part of the show for a long time and that seemed to make him happy. Very nice guy.

Also met a bunch of the Knockouts, including Gail Kim (funny in person), So Cal Val (totally not done justice by the camera), Taya (very nice), Brooke (oh my), Allie (TINY in person, to the point where I wasn't sure who she was at first) and Rosemary (in the facepaint but acting normal otherwise. Looks MUCH better with her hair pulled back as you can tell she has a very pretty face) and basically wearing a blouse and underwear didn't hurt).

Odds are I missed someone but the TNA people were all very nice and welcoming.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is it fucked up that I wish they'd call the team of Bahh, Tyrus, and Justice "Tons of Fun"?

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youâ??re a good loser, youâ??re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well Tyrus was part of Tons of Funk in WWE so you're not that far off.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: April 12, 2018
    Commentators: Josh Matthews, Sonjay Dutt

We’re past Impact Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground and that means we need to hit the hard push towards Redemption. Now that being said, there’s the whole fact that Alberto El Patron has been dropped from the main event due to being Alberto. Hopefully they’ve had time to record something to address the situation, as otherwise a big chunk of this show will be a big waste of time. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

[URL="http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2018/04/12/impact-wrestling-april-12-2018-she-really-just-did-that/"]She Really Just Did That

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought they traversed the Alberto-sized hole rather well. Hilarious, too, that this is the second time in a year he's fucked them like this.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youâ??re a good loser, youâ??re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And how long before they bring him back again?

Yeah they did well. I was worried about sitting through a long Alberto vs. Aries build tonight and next week. This was a relief, even on a not great show.

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Never, I hope. They've been burned twice now. Learn the lesson.

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: April 19, 2018
    Commentators: Josh Matthews, Sonjay Dutt

It’s the go home show for Redemption and I’m really struggling to think of what’s going to be on the card. There’s the three way for the World Title with Austin Aries suddenly needing two more opponents because Alberto El Patron reverted to his high standards of bailing. Other than that though, I’m not sure what there is on the show, save for Scott Steiner getting a pay per view title shot in 2018. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Sin Alberto

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

20. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information