Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Impact LD - All Dates

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: July 21, 2020
    Commentators: Madison Rayne, Josh Matthews

We’re done with a decent enough Slammiversary and the big story is all of the new people around here. I’m not sure what that is going to mean going forward but they have enough momentum that having just a so so pay per view isn’t going to derail them. We have about four months before Bound For Glory so there is a lot to get through before then. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

After The Mystery

Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: July 28, 2020
    Commentators: Josh Matthews, Madison Rayne

We’re into the new norm around here and I’m not sure what that is going to mean. Things were on a great upswing until Slammiversary but last week’s show wasn’t quite as strong. I’m curious to see if that is going to continue, as they still have the right pieces in place to do some good things. Let’s get to it.

Wrestle House

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: August 4, 2020

Things got turned around in a big way last week with the premiere of Wrestle House, which became the major focal point of the show. That may or may not be to your liking, but there were enough good moments that made me willing to try another show built around it. Other than that, we have the continuing adventured of Eddie Edwards as World Champion. Let’s get to it.

Two For One

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: August 11, 2020

We are coming up on Emergence and that could make for some good stuff around here. It might be a little soon after Slammiversary but the question now is what will actually take place on the two weeks of specials. Throw in Wrestle House and we could be in for some good stuff. Let’s get to it.

Another One Off The List

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: August 18, 2020

It’s time for the next big special show and this one is going on for two weeks. The show is called Emergence, which seems like they came up with the name by looking at shows on network TV which has nothing to do with wrestling. This week’s big match is the Good Brothers vs. Ace Austin/Madman Fulton, which doesn’t seem to have the most drama. Let’s get to it.

What They Do Bes...What They Do Pretty Good

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: August 25, 2020

It’s the second and final night of Emergence and that means we’re in for a big match. This time around it’s going to be a thirty minute Iron Man match for the Knockouts Title as Deonna Purrazzo defends against Jordynne Grace. The World Title is on the line as well, plus the usual Wrestle House shenanigans. Let’s get to it.

Wrestle By The Numbers

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: September 1, 2020

It’s a big show this week after the two weeks of big shows as the World Title is on the line again. This time it’s Eric Young challenging Eddie Edwards because this company sees something in Young as a major star. I’m not sure what that something is but I’ve yet to actually see it. Let’s get to it.

The Bad Ending

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: September 15, 2020

We’re just over a month away from Bound For Glory and I think you can see where the main event is going. Last week saw Eric Young vs. Tommy Dreamer because reasons, but Rich Swann made the save. I’m curious about some of the things around here though and if they can live up to the hype, they’ll be fine. Let’s get to it.

The Setup Show

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact Wrestling
    Date: September 22, 2020

We’re still on the way to Bound For Glory and now we have a main event with Eric Young defending the World Title against Rich Swann. Other than that it seems that we are in for a lot more of the Good Brothers, which may or may not be your cup of whatever your beverage of choice is. Let’s get to it.

He's Not Main Event

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just watched the November 24th episode of Impact.

Thought the Sea Stars team was called I See Stars and was thinking of the metalcore band. Apparently one of them is Spud's wife. Match with Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz was fine.

Was kind of disappointed that Jordynne Grace's partner is Jazz. Not because she's bad or anything but I was expecting someone new (long shot Thunder Rosa) or Gail Kim

I liked the wrestler's court skit. Although I was disappointed that it turned out Larry (Laurence) D was the shooter. Weirdly I was thinking it was going to be Taya because she was jealous because she wanted Rosemary all to herself

Rohit vs Suicide was ok. Although them showing it wasn't TJP kind of made sense. I assumed they were going to do Suicide was TJP so I guess the swerve made sense.

The Moose/Shamrock backstage segment was good. I am interested to see if Moose is going to win the Impact world title at some point (hopefully soon)

Kimber Lee vs Killer Kelly was fine. Killer Kelly is giving off some Shayna Baszler vibes (might just be the mouthguard and legit fight training). The Susie and Su Yung appearing at the same time at the end of the match was really cool. Not sure if it was really good editing or what but whoever is responsible deserves a raise.

MCMG saying they're going after XXXL, The North and Good Brothers makes sense. They're still my favourite tag team in Impact

The backstage segment between Willie Mack, Rich Swann and Chris Bey really highlights how much of a better talker Bey is compared to the other two. He really sells that he's got a plan.

I honestly don't know whether the Phenomenal One skit was really funny or really cringy. Swoggle dressing up as AJ Styles is kind of funny but also not. Him beating Ethan Page also feels eh. I know it was because Page was overconfident but it still feels a bit much.

Fallah Bahh vs Daivari started off well and jeez is Daivari jacked. Eric Young and Joe Doering stop the match and beat up everyone. Rhino comes down and gets beaten up as well. Got to say Eric Young has me intrigued as to what he'll do next

Backstage segment with Crazy Steve, TJP and Swoggle gets interrupted by Brian Myers. Comments about how everyone is a joke. Eh.

Deonna Purazzo and Kimber Lee ask James Mitchell for help in possibly turning Su Yung into Susie. He says there's a price. Yeah that's not going to bite them in the ass.

Rich Swann vs Ken Shamrock was pretty decent. The ref ejected Sami Callihan early on and it was a nice back and forth match. Rich is using rolling thunder and a frog splash a lot recently (might be a RVD tribute) Rich won with a roll up and then Shamrock beats up the ref and Sami comes down and beats up Swann. Eddie Edwards comes down and gets beat up, tied up in the corner and then hit with the baseball bat to end up bleeding everywhere. DLO Brown comes down to get beaten up by Shamrock with officials looking at Eddie. As much as I like Rich Swann he's giving off Chris Sabin world title vibes in that he's the least interesting thing in his feuds. I care more about what Sami and Shamrock are doing more than Swann. Maybe it'll pick up soon. Pretty decent episode I thought.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Thread Information