Thread: Neville And WWE Talking Once Again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Neville And WWE Talking Once Again

There are reports out that WWE and Neville have either begun or are about to begin talks for Neville's return.

Late last year, Neville essentially walked out after he was told that he'd be losing to Enzo Amore on the October 10th episode of Raw. This was basically just the icing on the cake as Neville was said to have been pretty unhappy for quite a while and felt heavily underappreciated. For instance, the Cruiserweight Championship match between Neville and Austin Aries at WrestleMania was bumped to the kickoff show and wasn't even used on the WrestleMania DVD release, which means Neville didn't collect any royalties.

Neville was the Cruiserweight Division for most of 2017, he and his "King of the Cruiserweights" persona was one of the only captivating things about the division and I can understand how Neville could be put off from having to lose to someone like Enzo Amore. Enzo had a massive ego and an even more massive mouth; reportedly, he'd sometimes critique other wrestlers about what they were doing wrong in their matches even though he himself had trouble with the basic fundamentals so losing to Enzo again was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think Neville would shine all the more in the Cruiserweight Division now that it's being overseen by Triple H, which is how it should've been in the first place. At the same time, if he does return, I could understand if he wanted to be moved to higher profile spots on the main roster. If Vince allows Triple H to handle the talks this time around, I think there's a better chance of Neville returning.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If this works out, I have to hand it to Triple H. It seems one of his biggest strengths is reconciling WWE with previously disenchanted talent. Sure, Vince would never turn anyone away if there was money to be made, but it never seemed like he was the first to blink. Since Triple H has started wearing a suit and tie, Bruno, Warrior and Jeff Jarrett have been brought back into the fold. I have to think he has a hand in such deals.

I hope this works out. As JH said, Neville was too good for the first year of 205Live, but now it seems that they're making the effort to build a quality hour of television that meets the standard that Neville was putting in.

Instant angle; Neville is once again pissed about being left out of a championship tournament, and immediately targets the new champion.

4. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good, it'd be pretty good to see Neville back. I'd like to see him out of the cruiserweights though. Make him US or IC champion and push on. He's still only 31 and has a wealth of experience already. He's constantly growing and if he keeps his heads on his shoulders he can do it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Neville being with the cruiserweights short term is fine, but really he's too good to be kept there, and he obviously knows that and took exception to the way he was being used. If the stories about Rey Mysterio returning turn out to be true, then give me him versus Neville. Please.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was just saying last night how I miss Neville. Hopefully this turns out to be true and he comes back to a nice push. I'd like to see him sent to Smackdown and get the IC Title. Hell I think it'd be cool to see him eventullay chase the WWE Title.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is great news. Neville's run as King of the Cruiserweights was one of the high points in WWE last year. I don't think he should have taken his ball and gone home, however. His treatment was pretty shitty but that's the way wrestling works sometimes and taking the hump because you have to out someone over is not good at all.

That said ive always been a fan since his NXT days. He's got a great physique, is amazingly talented, and do some proper good work on the mic if he's driven enough. Neville might come back but the WWE won't be rewarding him with a good spot for a long time. He burned them and they won't forget. But I'll be glad that I get to see him again in a WWE ring. He's too good to be out of work.

9. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Thread Information