There are reports out that WWE and Neville have either begun or are about to begin talks for Neville's return.

Late last year, Neville essentially walked out after he was told that he'd be losing to Enzo Amore on the October 10th episode of Raw. This was basically just the icing on the cake as Neville was said to have been pretty unhappy for quite a while and felt heavily underappreciated. For instance, the Cruiserweight Championship match between Neville and Austin Aries at WrestleMania was bumped to the kickoff show and wasn't even used on the WrestleMania DVD release, which means Neville didn't collect any royalties.

Neville was the Cruiserweight Division for most of 2017, he and his "King of the Cruiserweights" persona was one of the only captivating things about the division and I can understand how Neville could be put off from having to lose to someone like Enzo Amore. Enzo had a massive ego and an even more massive mouth; reportedly, he'd sometimes critique other wrestlers about what they were doing wrong in their matches even though he himself had trouble with the basic fundamentals so losing to Enzo again was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think Neville would shine all the more in the Cruiserweight Division now that it's being overseen by Triple H, which is how it should've been in the first place. At the same time, if he does return, I could understand if he wanted to be moved to higher profile spots on the main roster. If Vince allows Triple H to handle the talks this time around, I think there's a better chance of Neville returning.