View Poll Results: What Was The News Story Of The Decade?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • CM Punk Leaves WWE

0 0%
  • NXT's Success

0 0%
  • Ultimate Warrior's Death

1 6.67%
  • Roman Reigns Has Leukemia

5 33.33%
  • WWE And Saudi Arabia

1 6.67%
  • AEW

1 6.67%
  • WWE Network

5 33.33%
  • Daniel Bryan Retires And Returns

2 13.33%

Thread: News Story Of The Decade

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

News Story Of The Decade

Type All About How Often I Use this Line.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm going to reserve my vote on this one, because it's fucking tough given all the choices.

I'll rule out NXT as that was less of a news story and more of a long-term event.

I'll also leave out AEW because it's too early to determine how important this will be for the wrestling landscape.

WWE and Saudi Arabia was major, for all the wrong reasons, but I feel all the others here trump it.

I lean towards the sudden death of the Ultimate Warrior, but anything I haven't covered in this post already could potentially sway me.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Leukemia not only made Reigns a hero in the eyes of the most deluded neck beards, who hated him like Red Socks fans hate the Yankees, to altering the main event scene to the point where we're still seeing those affects today.

4. Likes Fallout liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I'm going to reserve my vote on this one, because it's fucking tough given all the choices.

I'll rule out NXT as that was less of a news story and more of a long-term event.

I'll also leave out AEW because it's too early to determine how important this will be for the wrestling landscape.

WWE and Saudi Arabia was major, for all the wrong reasons, but I feel all the others here trump it.

I lean towards the sudden death of the Ultimate Warrior, but anything I haven't covered in this post already could potentially sway me.
    at the end of the day, this is the first time that WWE has had major competition in the Wrestling business since WCW closed (no, TNA was never competition even if they wanted to try and say that). Even if they fail the fact that they went from not existing to being on Major Cable Television (and surpassing WWE's 3rd brand in the ratings) in one calendar year is amazing, and definitely a worthy candidate for news story of the year.

That being said, it's not Cancer.

I'm holding off on voting but Roman is ahead of AEW for me. I'm not voting for the Saudi stuff because it's something that much like everything else that hits the mainstream news, it was forgotten about 3 days later.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anything that bleeds out into the non-wrestling world like Roman did has my vote. AEW did come a close second. Kinda surprised a streaming service is ahead of the pack given the abundance of streaming services.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Roman having cancer and returning as soon as he did had everyone talking both in the wrestling world & outside of it.

How the WWE network is winning is beyond me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Went ahead and voted Warrior. I first read the news on KB's site. I still remember my heart actually sinking and thinking it was a false report. I had just seen him less than 24 hours ago give a nice, brief promo in passing the torch on to the next generation. For him to be dead just over 12 hours after was absolutely bewildering.

There's probably some that had a bigger impact on the business, but Warrior's death affected me the most.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Thread Information