Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Myles Goes Insane And 'Quits' WWE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jordan Myles Goes Insane And 'Quits' WWE

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...witter-662144/

So Jordan Myles posted a video where he says he's 'quit' WWE. Now I don't know whether he's got the right to do that but it certainly seems like the guy has some issues.

I get having issues with a t-shirt design that can be seen as racist (even though I couldn't see it) but the way he's gone about it certainly hasn't endeared him. Top that with him putting down Jay Lethal he seems like he's either jealous or has mental issues (maybe both) but I highly doubt he's going to be able to easily find work after this is all said and done. Heck WWE could just sit on him to wait out his contract.

But yeah what do you guys think?

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

2. Likes Jack-Hammer, AnnaCWolff liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can imagine WWE brass watching this guy...

"This Jordan Myles has potential, too bad he threw a fit over his t-shirt...."

-Jordan Myles throwing a fit video-

"....fuck is wrong with this guy? So much for that potential."
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

4. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    This has been going on for the better part of a month, maybe even just a bit longer.

I saw the t-shirt design and thought it was uninspired, I certainly didn't see anything racist about it and Myles himself initially approved the design. He went on this rant about the shirt being a representation of blackface, somehow, as the design was the name Jordan Myles supposed to represent teeth in a smiling mouth while the rest of the t-shirt was solid black. I guess it was partially inspired because Myles has a big, bright smile? That was just the start of it as he also went off on Ring of Honor for holding down black wrestlers and only letting one black wrestler be a top guy, namely Jay Lethal whom he also called an Uncle Tom. He deleted that post on Twitter and it just kept going on from there and just seemed to be more angry and incoherent each time he posted something.

As for whether or not he can "quit" WWE, who knows? It all depends on how his contract is set up and what the various legalities and technicalities say. For all we know, they could keep Myles tied up and unable to wrestle anywhere else indefinitely. If he refuses to wrestle, maybe WWE could sue him for breach of contract? Maybe they could threaten to extend his deal to keep him from going elsewhere? I have no idea what his issues are but I certainly don't see the value in WWE keeping him given the things he's said. Of course, he's deleted his Twitter account so, again, who knows what the hell is going on with this guy?
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Say what you will about his unprofessionalism, but they don't give the smiling black guy gimmick to folks they think have potential.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's a shame. I liked what I'd seen of ACH in other endeavours. Looks like his future endeavours will be his past ones.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    Say what you will about his unprofessionalism, but they don't give the smiling black guy gimmick to folks they think have potential.
    It works with the power of positivity.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    It works with the power of positivity.
    It didn't work at all at first.

12. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bout to say, faking a Jamaican accent, being a church choir, or being really into meme culture ain't the same as just smiling

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    It didn't work at all at first.
    As long as it wound up working, that's really all that matters.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    The WWE is one of those untouchable forces in the universe where if they push a racist caricature like a shirt -- that harks back to an age where White people had to force Black people into a category of outright stupidity to be less afraid of Black people -- then it's just the way it is. They're kind of like Donald Trump, or Joe Biden in that sense.

Whether it's right or not, we always balance an individual's or an entity's character based on the horrible things they've done and the benevolent things they've done to counteract those horrible things. So it's like asking "Did you see that racist Jordan Myles shirt?" and the response is "Did you see Kofi become WWE Champion?"

My take on the shirt; it's accidentally racist. Yes, that's a thing. I think that the WWE's intent was to depict the Jordan Myles name on a red bandana, and the black background is just the most slimming color for your average overweight WWE fan. When you look at it with the idea already in mind that it's being seen as racist, it does look pretty damn racist. It's kind of like when Kinder Joy released a toy that was a plastic smiling man who's carrying three balloons with the letter "K" on each balloon.

Blasting everything on social media won't do Jordan any good. Social media is pretty damn ubiquitous, but we live in an age where any random moron can create a catchy meme that totally steamrolls your crusade. At a certain point, the only people paying attention to this will be the people who were called out. Getting banned from the WWE is pretty damning, and showing that you're that quick to try to embarrass your bosses will probably prevent an opportunity to work for AEW or New Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

18. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information