Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Express Your Rage Thread

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Come Express Your Rage Thread

I fucking hate wrestling. What's the point in that. Fuck Goldberg.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    I fucking hate wrestling. What's the point in that. Fuck Goldberg.
    What was the point? Roman Reigns. It's always Roman Reigns.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Huge fan of Bray Wyatt and it sucks they did him like that. Goldberg as champ is going to be a two month long snoozefest and people are going to be very apathetic about his match with Reigns. Would have been much more intriguing if the title wasn't on the line. Hopefully Wyatt gets Cena at Mania, but sadly, that doesn't mean even half as much as it used to.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I haven't watched any wrestling consistently really (except NWA) but going by results pages etc AEW, NWA, Impact etc seem to have a handle on how to build people up effectively so that even when they lose they still keep their credibility. WWE seems to have forgotten how to do that and Bray seems to be the poster child for that

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Yeah, I think this has pretty much put me off of buying WrestleMania this year. Truth be told, this has probably just put me off of "the main roster" for a while as well. WWE ultimately went ahead and did the two worst things they could have done for both their main event championship matches: both the challengers were squashed and made to look like they were complete jokes not even worth the time of the wrestlers they faced off against. Ricochet loses in 90 seconds while Bray Wyatt manages to last a whole 3 minutes. Ricochet losing was obvious but why bury the kid? Why not have him pull out a competitive match in which he looks good? As for Bray Wyatt, he should have won this match against Bill Goldberg so, once again, all those months of building this guy up are pretty much finished and wasted on a 50+ year old man who really can't wrestle and never really could wrestle in the first place.

So now, Vince gets his clash of the alpha males with the Universal Championship on the line, even though it didn't need it whatsoever. You've got Roman Reigns in one corner, swaggering about as though he owns the place while Michael Cole calls him "the Big Dog" 20 or 30 times. In the other corner, you have Bill Goldberg, an over the hill gym lunk who snorts and growls while thumping his chest and is one of WWE's greatest embarrassments of the past 10 years. Roman Reigns gets one more big time, manufactured "passing of the torch" moments, Goldberg collects several million dollars for a couple minutes work while Bray Wyatt is made to look like a fool.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yep that was horrible. There's no doubt I complain about and overanalyze WWE all the time, but even the biggest WWE fans can't defend that.

Fiend is everything you could ask for. Larger than life. Charismatic. Arguably the best character since Undertaker. Every complaint people have about today's "indy darlings" don't apply to him.

To lose the championship 5 weeks before WrestleMania in Saudi Arabia is one of the worst booking decisions of all time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I enjoy the outrage more than anything.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    I enjoy the outrage more than anything.
    10x better than the product

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In one case, I get it. Reigns will probably get cheered at Mania when he takes the belt from Goldberg, whereas he would have been booed out of the stadium for taking it from Bray. But this is the WWE looking at the near future instead of any long term booking. This feels a lot like when Dwayne came back to end Punks historic reign.
    At the end of the day, I have been down on the product as a whole. Its easy to threaten to walk away. With this, its just as easy to actually do it.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nothing better than the tears of the neck beards.

Reigns vs Goldberg is bigger and will be more interesting.

Thread Information