Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yaz's Journey In The Pro Wrestling Business

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    It's really awesome to see someone not only get involved in the business, but actually take to the ring and get involved.

One thing I will ask though: How safe is it and how much is that emphasised in the process. One of the main things that stopped me seriously considering trying wrestling was the danger of permanent injury to the neck or head region, but I also know working a purely simple style without being a heel can be very boring to watch. How can you achieve the balance of being exciting in the ring whilst still prioritising the safety of yourself and the other worker?
    Safety is the number one priority, at least with my trainers. Anytime someone hits their head they give them a few moments to recover before they make them roll out and then get checked out. If someone is getting blown up while doing moves, they make them take a break. If you hurt something, you aren't judged for walking it off or sitting out if its a more serious one. We are always being reminded to tuck our chin to make sure we don't smack the back of the our heads. If someone is taking a bump or move wrong over and over, we simply move on and then them try again later.

Accidents will happen. I've been dropped on my head on a failed body slam. I tripped on a guy during a float over and slammed my chin into the mat while rolling out of the ring. I had a guy land full weight on my elbow during a back suplex. I skinned my forehead on a mistimed DDT. We had a girl two weeks ago who had someone land on her hip and pinch a nerve in it and shes out for a bit. So just like any physical activity there are risks, but we all do our best to minimize them.

As far as the balance goes, it isn't the moves that matter. If you work the crowd properly you can go out and excite the crowd with very simple moves. It's always about the story. While the level of athleticism in pro wrestling has never been higher, so many guys who can do those breathtaking moves can't use them in a way that makes sense. If you just bust out high spot after high spot and huge impact moves over and over, they lose their allure and on top of that the wrestlers will wear down quicker. So mostly, its simply about knowing when to to execute the riskier moves to get the biggest reaction. That said however sometimes you just have to bust out something crazy in a big match to really wow the crowd.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It seems like KB needs to do some Wrestling Reviews for a new company soon.

At least once you have your first match.

Seriously though that's awesome, and I wish you the best of luck.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

3. Likes Yaz liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you're ever in my area Yaz and need somebody in your corner I can always grab a mask and act crazy for a night.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    It seems like KB needs to do some Wrestling Reviews for a new company soon.

At least once you have your first match.

Seriously though that's awesome, and I wish you the best of luck.
    Barring anything major that night, I plan on being in the house for his debut, if it's ok with him of course.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Barring anything major that night, I plan on being in the house for his debut, if it's ok with him of course.
    Well it's getting closer. I have my gimmick and debut already planned out, we just don't have an ETA on it. It's super hard to keep it all under wraps.

What I can say is that my debut as a character will happen before my first match. Once that date is set though, I will let people know so anyone who is in the area who wants to try to come has a heads up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The last two weeks have been a big step in my journey to my in ring debut. I've wrestled two full practice matches, to mixed results from my trainers. The differences between doing moves in training and putting together a match are day and night.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Over the weekend we had our first big show of the year, The War, which is our version of the Royal Rumble. The World Title is on the line in the match. In three weeks we will have another, Kentucky's Biggest Battle Royal, where our midcard title will be on the line. We brought in guys from other promotions around the state of Kentucky and Indiana, so there were 35 people in total.

Rene Dupree and The Boogeyman were brought in for the show as well. Dupree was completely random. Apparently he was in town for some reason and called our owner and asked if he could be booked. He was a fairly cool guy. He hung around and watched training, which was really intimidating to have someone who has been on WWE TV watch.

Boogeyman is in super good shape for someone who is 55. He is pretty creepy in real life. He has this dead stare that just pierces your soul. Seeing him up close in full gear is a trip. (The pics are huge so spoiler tags)

Click for Spoiler:

I was on Boogey clean up duty, so I got a nice handful of these fellas.

Click for Spoiler:

For anyone who ever wondered, they are real worms that he buys from farms. He washes them in the sink before shows so they are clean. And yes, people really do get real worms put in their mouth.

Click for Spoiler:

During tear down after the show me and our World Champ, well he was going into the show but lost it in the War, realized we matched. This picture has zero to do with the actual show, but I'm down almost 50 pounds over the last seven months so I'm proud of myself.

Click for Spoiler:

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information