Thread: Rumored Main Event for Wrestlemania 35

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rumored Main Event for Wrestlemania 35

Looks like the dirt sheets are beginning to pick up on the potential ME for next yearâ??s Mania. The rumor as of now is a triple threat match for the Womenâ??s championship, Charlotte vs. Asuka vs. Ronda Rousey. On the surface, thatâ??s probably the biggest match the E has left on the roster. If they are going to have the Women ME, thatâ??s the best match possible.

Obviously things have to happen.
    1). Asuka has to hold onto that title and undefeated streak for a year.
    2). You have to keep Asuka and Ronda away from each other for a year, or they have to book that feud like Joe and Angle in TNA.
    3). Charlotte has to move to Raw in a shakeup, and you somehow have to avoid mixing all 3.

My assumption has always been that the 4 horsewoman of UFC vs. the 4 horsewoman of the WWE is going to be the ME of this yearâ??s Survivor Series. You can have Ronda and Charlotte feud to get to Asuka. Iâ??m a big believer that the Asuka streak is something that shouldnâ??t be broken until it absolutely has to be.

Do you like this match as the Main Event of Wrestlemania? Honestly theyâ??ve blown their loads on the male side of things, and outside of a Punk or Bryan return, a match on the current roster doesnâ??t come near to touching that triple threat.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As much as the WWE are all for "creating history" with the women's superstars, I don't see them having a women's match closing WrestleMania. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it. Rousey will only have been a wrestler for a year by that point and will, most likely, not be at the calibre that a WrestleMania main event superstar should be at.

Don't get me wrong, there's a story to be told there and I'm sure the WWE can tell it. But it's keeping these three apart for the year that's going to be the tough thing. They're doing the same angle with Lesnar and Reigns this year and they've had to bring them together numerous times during the year. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Still, for all the progress the WWE has made with women's wrestling, I just don't think they'll have women close Mania.

I can see WWE closing the show out with a Women's Championship match. I mean, it's really about the only thing left that the women haven't done as of yet. We've had Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte headline a ppv during the first ever women's HIAC match, we've had the first women's MITB match, first women's Royal Rumble, first women's EC match so this feels like a logical step in the "women's evolution."

If Asuka vs. Charlotte vs. Ronda Rousey is the plan to close out next year's show, then I agree that Asuka needs to win the championship and hold onto it for a full year. Milk her undefeated streak for all they can, use the time between WrestleMania 34 and 35 to let Rousey improve her game and let Rousey be the one to end the streak. Asuka can be the one who winds up being pinned or forced to submit, yet she still retains her status as being undefeated in a 1 on 1 singles bout, so she gets her rematch, Rousey hands Asuka her first singles loss at the next ppv and that's the end of that.

Of course, all that should depend on how well Rousey gets over with fans and progresses in her work as a wrestler.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information