Thread: Charlotte's WrestleMania Plans

Charlotte's WrestleMania Plans

I think it's fair to say that a LOT of people are disappointed that Charlotte Flair won the 2020 women's Royal Rumble match. After all, Charlotte is a total 11 time champion when you factor in all her WWE runs with her NXT Women's Championship run back in the day. She's also been part of so many firsts for women including being part of the first women's MITB ladder match, the first women's HIAC match, the first Last Woman Standing match, the first Falls Count Anywhere match, the first ever women's main event match at WrestleMania, etc.. I mean, of all the female talent on the roster, there's probably no one who "needs" a Royal Rumble win less than Charlotte Flair.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think this but something Charlotte did and said, or rather didn't do and didn't say, on Raw last night makes me a little bit hopeful. The way things are looking right now, neither Bayley or Becky Lynch will be dropping their titles before WrestleMania and I can't think of a less interesting plan than for Charlotte to face off with either of them again because we've seen her face them soooo many times before, Becky Lynch especially. However, Charlotte said she's challenging for "a championship" at WrestleMania, deliberately leaving out who she'd challenge so could this possibly mean that challenging for the NXT Women's Championship is on the table? We're so used to the winner of the Royal Rumble challenging for a World Championship from Raw or SmackDown that we didn't really consider whether or not NXT is a viable option now that there's been some legitimate crossover. After all, we've seen interaction between the two brands for Survivor Series and NXT was represented in both the men's and women's Royal Rumble matches last Sunday.

Sorry I've rambled on a bit but I didn't consider the possibility that Charlotte would challenge Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women's Championship at WrestleMania. I haven't read any sort of stories about it or anything, doesn't mean that there aren't any out there as I could've simply missed or overlooked it, but I think it could work just fine if they went down this route. This also potentially opens up Becky Lynch and Bayley to face off against fresh opponents for their titles at WrestleMania as well.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley is the best match by far.

3. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley is the best match by far.
    Take this "like"
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I still care about the womenâ??s matches as much as I did when I first started watching in 1998.

If itâ??s Charlotte or Jackie Gayda in the womenâ??s title match Iâ??ll still be on my smoke break.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think that's the match to go with at all but there isn't anybody else so I'm immediately going to contradict myself and say it's a great idea.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Charlotte vs The Fiend it is then.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

9. Likes Lee liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I canâ??t believe people are surprised by her winning. I figured that one out as soon as she got drafted back to Raw. It seemed an obvious path to her facing Becky at Mania. I will say though, I too was surprised she didnâ??t announce immediately Monday that sheâ??d challenge Becky.

Assuming your storyline is going to happen, Iâ??d have a few things to bring up:

1) Is Ripley heel or face? I donâ??t watch NXT.
    2) Iâ??d guess Baszler would be moving to, most likely, Raw to be the one to take the title from Becky. That should happen soon though, because they need to build her up more in that case. They bring her out too late and either the title change isnâ??t as big of a deal, or it doesnâ??t happen until after Mania. I also just assume itâ??s her because so many people predicted her to win the RR.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Asuka and Becky were the precious 2 Rumble winners. I'd have been very surprised if anyone other than Charlotte won this one. Better for her to win it now than a few years down the line.

12. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Thread Information