Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Workout Thread

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Workout Thread

This was a thing many moons ago on WreslteZone. Not sure how many of those guys made it over here.

Discuss your current regime and diet here.

I am currently aiming to build mass and recently switched from the standard one body part a day schedule to incorporating more Olympic style lifts and doing more so Upper body/lower body splits. Also do around half hour to 45 minute runs five times a week in the morning with lifting at night after work.

Diet is pretty basic, a lot of chicken, rice veggies things of that nature trying to keep it as clean as possible.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I rock climb, so I stick generally to body weight exercises. Climbing is tough as hell and I like that it adds a mental challenge as well as physical. I do need to add cardio though.

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Undying View Post
    This was a thing many moons ago on WreslteZone. Not sure how many of those guys made it over here.

Discuss your current regime and diet here.

I am currently aiming to build mass and recently switched from the standard one body part a day schedule to incorporating more Olympic style lifts and doing more so Upper body/lower body splits. Also do around half hour to 45 minute runs five times a week in the morning with lifting at night after work.

Diet is pretty basic, a lot of chicken, rice veggies things of that nature trying to keep it as clean as possible.
    MANY MANY moons ago

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I run and thats it, mostly just to keep the food and drink from my terrible diet off my figure because I can feel my metabolism slowing over the last two years since I've turned 20 but also to keep me fit enough to play soccer.

I want to get into the gym and lifting weights but I dont think I can get into it when gyms are full of douchebags. Something that was reinforced when my girlfriend dragged me to a gymshark pop up shop in Melbourne on the weekend and fuck me were the blokes some douchebags. Which was weird because most of the proper male athletes that gymshark had appear there were really genuine and good blokes which made me want to get into gym

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have to run out of basically needing to to keep my job. Not an activity I enjoy as Iâ??ve gotten older.

I agree on the gym thing, I quit going mostly due to the overcrowded atmosphere and dudes in tanks thinking they are jacked. Itâ??s why I almost have my home gym furnished just from years of savings.

Plus itâ??s just nice waking up, pounding an energy drink, hopping on the elliptical then going to the weights all in my home. You can do a lot with just one of those adjustable dumbbell sets

I mostly just work out at home now. I've got a good bench with accessories that can be attached so I can work out the muscles of my back, triceps, the rests can be elevated to serve as a squat rack, leg extensions, etc. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not focused on how much I can lift or setting new standards. For instance, once I broke 450 lbs. about 5 years back on bench press, I never really tried to lift any higher. Now, I'm mostly about maintaining and/or improving tone.

As for my diet, I generally only eat one really good meal a day, usually dinner, upon which it's usually something along the lines of several chicken breasts boiled or baked in the oven, sometimes some rice or some eggs with it. The rest of the time, it's usually stuff like protein shakes or even stuff like Ensure as a bit of a snack and drink as much water as I can stand. Basically, what I do works for me and that's ultimately what each person has to discover for themselves.

Around this time of year especially, the gyms in my area are packed with teenage girls trying to shed some weight for prom or teenage boys who are more of a hazard to themselves due to unsafe practices than anything else. Oh, and it's also become chic once more to be the guys who scream and grunt with every rep as though they're having either the most painful or most amazing sex imaginable. I'm almost 38 and I used to find guys like that funny as hell, now they just get on my nerves. Oh yeah, and people who don't clean the machine after they're done with it; nothin' like sitting or lying down in some body else's stink turn you off going to the gym.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

7. Likes LSN80 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I mostly just work out at home now. I've got a good bench with accessories that can be attached so I can work out the muscles of my back, triceps, the rests can be elevated to serve as a squat rack, leg extensions, etc. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not focused on how much I can lift or setting new standards. For instance, once I broke 450 lbs. about 5 years back on bench press, I never really tried to lift any higher. Now, I'm mostly about maintaining and/or improving tone.

As for my diet, I generally only eat one really good meal a day, usually dinner, upon which it's usually something along the lines of several chicken breasts boiled or baked in the oven, sometimes some rice or some eggs with it. The rest of the time, it's usually stuff like protein shakes or even stuff like Ensure as a bit of a snack and drink as much water as I can stand. Basically, what I do works for me and that's ultimately what each person has to discover for themselves.

Around this time of year especially, the gyms in my area are packed with teenage girls trying to shed some weight for prom or teenage boys who are more of a hazard to themselves due to unsafe practices than anything else. Oh, and it's also become chic once more to be the guys who scream and grunt with every rep as though they're having either the most painful or most amazing sex imaginable. I'm almost 38 and I used to find guys like that funny as hell, now they just get on my nerves. Oh yeah, and people who don't clean the machine after they're done with it; nothin' like sitting or lying down in some body else's stink turn you off going to the gym.
    I never imagined you as ripped

Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    I never imagined you as ripped
    I wouldn't say that I'm ripped. If I had to compare my build to a wrestler's, I'd say I'm more along the lines of Rusev than anyone else. I'm toned up, firm and burly but not super cut. I'm not as heavy as Rusev, I'm generally in the 220 to 225 lbs. range but I'm only 5'10" and my body just has a naturally thick, stocky sort of build. As a result, I can easily pass for someone in the 250-255 lbs. range.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm currently running a PPLPPL, paired with a fair amount of cardio. I don't count macros or anything, and I eat basically whatever I want. I just keep my portions in control, so it doesn't go to my gut too much.

I'm not particularly interested in competing at anything strength or physique based. Mostly because I'm not at all interested in jumping on the bike. I just like lifting heavy things up and putting them down. Looking better than your average 40 year old is just a side benefit.

I also do most of my lifting at home. I've got an adjustable bench, a power rack with cables and a full set of dumbbells up to 100s. I keep a PF membership for the cardio machines, because I don't really have the room to add an exercise bike/treadmill/elliptical/stairclimber to my setup, and ten bucks a month isn't bad at all.
    Last edited by BaconBits; 03-14-2018 at 10:01 AM.

11. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    I'm currently running a PPLPPL, paired with a fair amount of cardio. I don't count macros or anything, and I eat basically whatever I want. I just keep my portions in control, so it doesn't go to my gut too much.

I'm not particularly interested in competing at anything strength or physique based. Mostly because I'm not at all interested in jumping on the bike. I just like lifting heavy things up and putting them down. Looking better than your average 40 year old is just a side benefit.

I also do most of my lifting at home. I've got an adjustable bench, a power rack with cables and a full set of dumbbells up to 100s. I keep a PF membership for the cardio machines, because I don't really have the room to add an exercise bike/treadmill/elliptical/stairclimber to my setup, and ten bucks a month isn't bad at all.
    Sounds a lot like my set up, Iâ??m working on getting the power rack, mostly focused on turning my guest room into a complete workout area as itâ??s a fairly big room. Some space for Olympic lifts and the like. Right now itâ??s mostly a small area with a bench adjustable dumbbells and a pull-up tower.

Not sure how many of you guys travel frequently but when you do and you are trying to stay on track with diet or workouts what are your strategies? I travel quite a bit almost every 2 weeks for my job and mostly I do DDP Yoga in the hotel room and head down to the small workout room if they have one and do the elliptical for a while. A couple of my friends go the extra mile and find the closest gym and pay for a day to workout or get one of those trial passes.

For food prep I have one of those insta pots which serves as a pressure cooker, I pack it in this carrying case it came with and I can make rice, chicken, eggs veggies etc in it most of which I pack in a cooler to take with me. Highly recommend one of them just to have. I even made a whole chicken in it.

13. Likes BaconBits liked this post

Thread Information