Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super ShowDown: WWE Universal Championship - "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c) VS. Goldberg

Super ShowDown: WWE Universal Championship - "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c) VS. Goldberg

This match was officially announced on last night's episode of SmackDown and I felt a quiver in my liver the moment it was, but not in a good way.

I truly hope this doesn't go down but I can honestly say that I can see Vince McMahon have Goldberg defeat Bray Wyatt to become Universal Champion. Why? So he can indulge himself in more of the chest beating, alpha male bull crap that he's so fond of for WrestleMania. It'll be the old alpha vs. the young alpha: Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns. It'd come off as another one of those inorganic, manufactured moments that've dogged Roman Reigns' career because fans just haven't embraced them in the past. It'd probably be different this time around and fans wouldn't boo him out of the building....although it's possible they would as a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of fans really dig Bray Wyatt right now and it's understandable why.

This would be a great opportunity for WWE to do something it's needed to do for a long time: use one of these still somewhat viable legends to give a rub to a modern star instead of the other way around. Bray Wyatt should NOT drop the Universal Championship to Bill Goldberg at Super ShowDown, IMO, and I hope Vince can see that as well. Wyatt has a ton of sustained momentum right now, for once in his WWE career and the only thing this would accomplish is undo all that. However, Vince sometimes immerses himself in logic that makes sense only to him so that's why it's entirely possible Goldberg, over the hill, never could wrestle in the first place, bald but non-racist Ultimate Warrior could win. After all, Vince thought his idea for the ending to Rollins vs. Wyatt at HIAC was brilliant despite pretty much the whole damn company telling him otherwise and it turned out to be an even bigger flop than Cats, so there's no way to know where this thing goes.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I truly hope this doesn't go down but I can honestly say that I can see Vince McMahon have Goldberg defeat Bray Wyatt to become Universal Champion. Why? So he can indulge himself in more of the chest beating, alpha male bull crap that he's so fond of for WrestleMania.
    We get it

3. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, Stone Cold Tea liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I dunno, Reigns vs. Goldberg at Mania appeals to me more than Reigns vs. The Fiend.

I don't think the title will change hands but I do think they need to get the title off Wyatt.

5. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Reigns vs Fiend is going to boring as all hell because it’s not interesting to see Reigns overcome things. Fiend isn’t going to lose but will look strong in going over Goldberg as much as Reigns vs Goldberg at Mania would be more entertaining.

And Jack-Hammer give it a rest dude. We know your obsession with Vince and that you believe every report you read online. Try posting something once without a mention of him or his liking of superstars that actually draw.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hope Brock vs Drew gets moved to Supershow down and he crushes Drew with an F5 faster than he did to Kofi. I hope Wyatt gets speared to hell by Goldberg and then we get Reigns vs Goldberg vs Lesnar so Reigns can unify the titles and begin his decade long reign as face of the company.

8. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I see someone else read "the best the way to trigger smarks"

10. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I doubt Goldberg wins here.

However, if he does it's not the end of the world.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    I doubt Goldberg wins here.

However, if he does it's not the end of the world.
    It would easily be one of the worst booking decisions ever.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No clue what it's leading to as I don't watch as close as I used to, but no way Goldberg wins. Then again, the collective explosion(s) of heads would be worth it. Despite the internet narrative of Vince being a moron, he isn't going to slow Wyatt down right now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    No clue what it's leading to as I don't watch as close as I used to, but no way Goldberg wins. Then again, the collective explosion(s) of heads would be worth it. Despite the internet narrative of Vince being a moron, he isn't going to slow Wyatt down right now.
    As many former wrestlers have said, Vince is a genius. A great businessman. But he's had some horrible creative decisions.

I'm sure Wyatt wins, but I wouldn't completely rule out Goldberg winning.

Thread Information