Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super ShowDown: WWE Universal Championship - "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c) VS. Goldberg

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Goldberg would be a world champion in four different decades if he beat Wyatt. Kinda kills the "flash in the pan" argument we'd have ready for tournaments.

I haven't really kept up since HIAC but I'd start watching again for the absurdity of that. Sounds a lot more fun than the alternative, regardless how sad it will make the old perpetual viewers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wyatt isn't going to lose. Have we not learned that the Saudi shows mean nothing and nothing ever happens on them that means anything? I think there's been one total title change since the inception of these events, and that's only because they had no choice after the HIAC debacle. This is clearly a reason to get Goldberg on the show in a high-profile match, and while I think he will end up facing Reigns at Mania, I don't see it being for a title.

Goldberg winning would be hilarious though, in the worst way possible. It would honestly rank in my personal top 5 worst booking decisions in wrestling history.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm super excited to see this. Match should be dope. I actually view Goldberg as the underdog here, and other than Brock at Mania II, that's never happened before. Well done WWE for building up the Fiend as something special in the current era. That being said I'm 100% expecting the match to end in DQ. Either someone costs Goldberg the match or Fiend intentionally gets himself disqualified. What would shock the hell out of me is if Goldberg got squashed. Won't happen, but if WWE wants this to be memorable aside from the old vs new lion dynamic, that would be something to see.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Spear right off the bat....Goldberg jumps to pose right after not knowing The Fiend just stood right back up behind him, Mandible Claw, fights it, Mandible Claw chokeslam, pin.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Always amazing to read how obsessed people are with "booking decisions" and couldn't care less about how awesome this could actually be. IF Goldberg wins, is that it? The world will end? I know collective heads will explode, but remember that this is a weekly show and, hard as it is to imagine, Wyatt could survive and beat him a month later. I doubt any of this happens, but it would be fun to read the lost-mind reactions.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    Always amazing to read how obsessed people are with "booking decisions" and couldn't care less about how awesome this could actually be. IF Goldberg wins, is that it? The world will end? I know collective heads will explode, but remember that this is a weekly show and, hard as it is to imagine, Wyatt could survive and beat him a month later. I doubt any of this happens, but it would be fun to read the lost-mind reactions.
    It could be awesome, but I've learned not to expect much from Goldberg. If it stays under like, 5 minutes, it should be fun. And the world wouldn't end if Goldberg wins, but it would be a stupid decision to have him beat what is by far WWE's hottest act right now. It's like having Mankind lose to The Ultimate Warrior in a title match in 1999.

Also, I don't think this falls under the "over-obsessed armchair booker" criteria. Some people just don't want to see Goldberg win, period. What's wrong with that?

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information