Thread: The Phenom VS. The Phenomenal?

The Phenom VS. The Phenomenal?

There are a few rumors going about that state the Undertaker will be skipping the Super ShowDown card in Saudi Arabia so that he can compete at WrestleMania this year. According to Uncle Dave, Taker is scheduled to face AJ Styles on the Grandest Stage of Them All.

If true, this is a match that holds possibilities. Styles has been out since the Royal Rumble with a separated shoulder but is set to return for Super ShowDown and Styles is someone that I believe will be able to get a better match out of Taker than most others on the roster. Styles is still among the top in-ring guys in the world and knows how to cover up for Taker's shortcomings so this match could allow us to see Taker more along the lines of what he was when the Streak was still alive and he was able to put on competitive, entertaining matches.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A Jack-Hammer post without a Vince jerk off fest. Fascinating.

Should be a solid B grade match. Always wanted to see them work together. I donĂ¢??t know if Taker has it in him to bring it to the level of his matches with HBK but I could be surprised. Still waiting on AJ to deliver with someone not named John Cena. He has good matches but none have been anywhere near what the Cena matches were.

3. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Undertaker is having another match, Styles is the perfect opponent.

Heel Styles is one of the best promos in WWE, so the build will be great. The match should be a solid B, maybe a B+. Styles carried Shane to the MOTN at WrestleMania 33, so I have no doubt he'll make Taker look great.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd be very much down for this. Undertaker is my all-time favourite wrestler, and AJ is my favourite active competitor in the WWE, so it's pretty much a dream match for me.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The way to go with Taker is to have him face smaller dudes who can hide his weaknesses. I've been saying this to myself for years.

Start now, get 4 matches out of him throughout the year, leading to a final one with Bryan or some upstart at Mania 37.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    The way to go with Taker is to have him face smaller dudes who can hide his weaknesses. I've been saying this to myself for years.

Start now, get 4 matches out of him throughout the year, leading to a final one with Bryan or some upstart at Mania 37.
    They're not smaller guys, but I'd love to see matches with Owens and Joe, both as heels. The promos alone would be worth it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Joe would turn him to ash but I'm game.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information