Thread: WWE HOF Rumors

WWE HOF Rumors

As of right now, Batista and the nWo consisting of Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & Sean Waltman are the only official names set for the 2020 WWE Hall of Fame. According to Dave Meltzer, three additional names look to be headed into the Hall this year: Nikki Bella, Brie Bella and Jushin "Thunder" Liger.

The Bella Twins are a couple of gals you knew would wind up in the HOF someday. Like them or not, they were a couple of significant backstage power players in WWE for years. Nikki Bella was banging John Cena for a long time, was engaged to the guy at one point, and is alleged to have used the influence afforded being Cena's squeeze to have the record setting 301 day run as WWE Divas Champion. Brie Bella had a 70 day run with the title, which was her only title run in WWE if I'm not mistaken, but ultimately met future hubby Daniel Bryan and is now enjoying a happy marriage along with a couple of successful reality TV shows. A bonus of them being in the HOF is this means they'll only very, very, very, very rarely, if ever again, set foot in a WWE ring to wrestle again. Brie's last run with the company was beyond embarrassing and, looking back on it, I'm amazed we forgot to consider her a nominee for this site's Worst Wrestler of the Decade award.

When it comes to Jushin "Thunder" Liger, it'll generate some controversy. Why? Because wrestlers who spent the vast majority of their time wrestling elsewhere. To my knowledge, Liger has only wrestled one WWE match in his career and it was against Tyler Breeze at the first NXT TakeOver event in Brooklyn back in August 2015. I know that he also worked a few shows co-produced by New Japan and WWE back in the very early 90s but that's about it. Liger did hold the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship for the first half of 1997 but WWE doesn't consider that run or any of the other runs made before December 7, 1997 official even though WWE allowed the title to be used almost exclusively in New Japan and Universal Wrestling Association in Mexico for the better part of 16 years. In any event, Liger retired on January 5, 2020 after an in-ring career spanning some 36 years. Liger is considered by most to be THE GOAT among Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight/Junior Heavyweight wrestlers. It's never a bad thing when a legend is honored but the simple truth of the matter is that he's being inducted by WWE in a transparent effort to sell tickets, to manipulate fans into thinking that they encompass all of wrestling, etc..
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    As of right now, Batista and the nWo consisting of Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & Sean Waltman are the only official names set for the 2020 WWE Hall of Fame. According to Dave Meltzer, three additional names look to be headed into the Hall this year: Nikki Bella, Brie Bella and Jushin "Thunder" Liger.
    Good. 3 people who are entirely deserving of the honor. To think otherwise is being stupid.

The Bella Twins are a couple of gals you knew would wind up in the HOF someday. Like them or not, they were a couple of significant backstage power players in WWE for years. Nikki Bella was banging John Cena for a long time, was engaged to the guy at one point, and is alleged to have used the influence afforded being Cena's squeeze to have the record setting 301 day run as WWE Divas Champion. Brie Bella had a 70 day run with the title, which was her only title run in WWE if I'm not mistaken, but ultimately met future hubby Daniel Bryan and is now enjoying a happy marriage along with a couple of successful reality TV shows. A bonus of them being in the HOF is this means they'll only very, very, very, very rarely, if ever again, set foot in a WWE ring to wrestle again. Brie's last run with the company was beyond embarrassing and, looking back on it, I'm amazed we forgot to consider her a nominee for this site's Worst Wrestler of the Decade award.
    Whether you like them or not, The Bellas were honestly the biggest stars in the Womens division during those dark days after Lita/Trish and before the 4 Horsewomen, and were regularly featured on TV. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are unworthy. Hell, Nikki Bella rightfully Main evented Evolution (star power means something and she is far and away the #2 star on that card that was remotely active).

When it comes to Jushin "Thunder" Liger, it'll generate some controversy. Why? Because wrestlers who spent the vast majority of their time wrestling elsewhere. To my knowledge, Liger has only wrestled one WWE match in his career and it was against Tyler Breeze at the first NXT TakeOver event in Brooklyn back in August 2015. I know that he also worked a few shows co-produced by New Japan and WWE back in the very early 90s but that's about it. Liger did hold the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship for the first half of 1997 but WWE doesn't consider that run or any of the other runs made before December 7, 1997 official even though WWE allowed the title to be used almost exclusively in New Japan and Universal Wrestling Association in Mexico for the better part of 16 years. In any event, Liger retired on January 5, 2020 after an in-ring career spanning some 36 years. Liger is considered by most to be THE GOAT among Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight/Junior Heavyweight wrestlers. It's never a bad thing when a legend is honored but the simple truth of the matter is that he's being inducted by WWE in a transparent effort to sell tickets, to manipulate fans into thinking that they encompass all of wrestling, etc..
    If the Von Erichs, Verne Gagne, the Rock 'n' Roll Express, the Fabulous Freebirds, and Gordon Solie can all get Hall of Fame inductions without ever working for the company (Only Kerry Von Erich Wrestled and Michael Hayes worked for WWE), I'm more than fine with Jushin Thunder Liger getting the nod. (note those are all regular inductees, not Legacy Inductees that just get a mention at the event and are not featured, of which there are dozens that have nothing to do with WWE).

The WWE Hall of Fame is, was, and always will be a Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame (with a heavy WWE influence but that's because they're the biggest company with the most hall of famers. To think that it doesn't encompass all of wrestling just proves you're being petty. And Jushin Liger isn't gonna sell tickets in the US to talk for 20 minutes. To think otherwise is rather humorous.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People may not like the Bellas, but they deserve to be in the HOF. They were the biggest female stars in between Trish/Lita and the Horsewomen. Nikki was the longest reigning Diva's Champion of all time and main evented the first ever women's only PPV with Ronda Rousey.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not gonna blow a gasket over the Bellas being in the HoF. I just think it's too early. Are we really that starved for female talent that we have to go to the Bellas already? Why not Chyna, Victoria, Paige, hell, even Sable?

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Bellas drew and from what Iâ??ve read and even seen were tremendous ambassadors for WWE. You need to learn in ring work means fuck all in the grand scheme of pro wrestling.

The hall of fame is a participation trophy anyway and has been since they blew their loads with too many big names in one class for years. I canâ??t believe people still get up in arms about this kind of stuff.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm just surprised the Bellas are going in so early. That's like, first-ballot shit right there. But yeah, if Torrie Wilson, Kelly Kelly, and Jacqueline can get in, The Bellas more than deserve the nod as they were much bigger deals all things considered. I would say Nikki's the true HOF'er but I'm not surprised they're a package deal. Jushin Liger is a name American fans should be familiar with and he is undoubtedly one of the true legends of the industry. He belongs in the only wrestling HOF that really matters.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I agree if anything Bellas are going in early but it's not something I'd be upset about. Too much fake outrage about the WWE HOF really. The Bellas are more than deserving. You don't have a spin-off reality show like Total Bellas have an episode that 1.1 million viewers watched and just be an okay induction.

Thread Information