Thread: Wrestling & UFC TV Ratings, PPV buys, and Financial Information (Version 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wrestling & UFC TV Ratings, PPV buys, and Financial Information (Version 2018)

Information Version 2018 Link: https://steelcageforums.com/files/sc..._info_2018.zip

The above .zip file contains information on TV ratings for WWE's Monday Night Raw, ECW, NXT, Superstars, and Smackdown shows. It contains TNA Impact ratings. It also has WCW Nitro and Thunder TV ratings, as well as original ECW TV ratings. It includes TV ratings for Clash of the Champions and Saturday Night's Main Event. It also has WWE PPV buys for every show of the last several years, as well as revenue generated from those shows, and also contains as many PPV buys from previous years that I could find. Finally, it contains WWE financial information, including merchandising revenue from the year 2002 through current day. The .zip file also now includes buy rates for the MMA company, UFC, as well as TV ratings for various UFC shows.

All of this information is presented in the form of Microsoft Excel/LibreOffice spreadsheets, with the information organized as neatly as possible. I have finally included sources for this information, which is located in a text document. Some information has comes from sources which have been since removed from the web due to their age, but I will help the best I can.

To access this file, just left click on the link and save the file. You can just right click on the file and click "Extract". If you have any problems accessing or downloading this file, let me know.

Updates in 2018:

1) Ended WWE PPV buy information with the addition of the WWE Network
    2) 2016 and 2017 data added

Click the Spoiler tag for updates made in previous versions.
    Click for Spoiler:

Updates in 2016:

1) 2015 data added

Updates in Version 2015:

1) WWE Network Information added into WWE Misc. Financial Information
    2) From now on, WWE PPV spreadsheet will include note about launch date of WWE Network
    3) Price and revenue generated columns removed from WWE PPV file for future years, due to WWE Network
    3) 2014 data added

Updates in Version 2014:

1) 2013 data added

Updates in Version 3.22.2013:

1) Moved shows which are no longer on the air to a separate directory to make it easier to find ratings for current shows.
    2) I do not plan to continue updating UFC TV ratings. If anyone is interested in doing so, I'll be happy to add them in.
    3) More unification of display of data.
    4) 2012 data added

Updates in Version 7.0:

1) Added yearly WWE profits
    2) Updated all 2011 information

Updates in Version 6.0:

1) Much nicer display on spreadsheets. All type should be the same, removed all borders from information, each page on each spreadsheet starts you at the top of the page. Just a much nicer and cleaner look all around.
    2) Add TV ratings for various UFC shows.
    3) Added ratings for WWE NXT.
    4) Updated all information

Updates in Version 5.0:

1) Added UFC PPV Buyrates for most UFC PPVs
    2) Fixed a couple of typographical errors

Updates in Version 4.0:

1) Updated ratings
    2) Updated PPV Buyrates
    3) Addition of WWE Superstars television program

Updates in Version 3.0

1) Updated ratings
    2) Live Event Statistics
    3) Revised numbers and figures in Financial Information
    4) Total Domestic PPV Buys added into Attitude Era years

As before, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer them as best I can.

Note 1: On the Financial Information spreadsheet, you'll notice "Fiscal" and "Transition". The WWE used to have their fiscal year end in April, I believe, so when you see "Fiscal 2000", that means that information covers from April 1999-April 2000. In 2006, the WWE changed to just using a standard year to measure their finances, so when you see "Transitional 2006", that represents the 8 months or so from the end of Fiscal 2006, to the end of December 2006 (so, approximately, May 06-Dec 06). Starting in 2007, the information is just from January-December.

Hope that makes sense, if you actually care.

Note 2: If you do not have Microsoft Excel, and still wish to view the information, you can. Download LibreOffice for free, and it contains a Spreadsheet program which you can use to view this information. Starting with Version 7.0, I use LibreOffice to Create and Edit the Spreadsheets.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for this, Sly. Always makes for some interesting reading.

The first thing I noticed is the small difference between averaged in the viewership of Raw and Smackdown. I would have believed that it would have been a bigger gap than 0.25. Just goes to show you that Smackdown could be a force if the WWE gave a shit about the quality there.

The difference in UFC buys when a big fight happens is simply amazing though. Bisping vs St Pierre drew the most but it falls off a cliff when a big name isn't really taking part. The UFC needs star power but there doesn't seem to be anyone but McGregor left for them. And he doesn't seem interested right now.

4. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thanks for this, Sly. Always makes for some interesting reading.

The first thing I noticed is the small difference between averaged in the viewership of Raw and Smackdown. I would have believed that it would have been a bigger gap than 0.25. Just goes to show you that Smackdown could be a force if the WWE gave a shit about the quality there.

The difference in UFC buys when a big fight happens is simply amazing though. Bisping vs St Pierre drew the most but it falls off a cliff when a big name isn't really taking part. The UFC needs star power but there doesn't seem to be anyone but McGregor left for them. And he doesn't seem interested right now.
    As I was putting it together, the UFC star power is something I really noticed as well. Something interesting about...outside of McGregor, Ronda Rousey seemed to be the next biggest draw for the UFC, and she's in the WWE now.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information