Thread: *Potential Spoilers* Big changes to rumored WrestleMania card

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

*Potential Spoilers* Big changes to rumored WrestleMania card

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...etting-666836/

Plans change!

John Cena vs Elias and Roman Reigns vs The Fiend have been heavily rumored for this year's WrestleMania, but according to Dave Meltzer, plans have changed. 3-4 other matches have also been changed. No word on the new plans.

I'm very glad Cena vs Elias is being changed. Cena deserves a main event level match, and Elias isn't on that level.

I'm not sure how to feel about Reigns taking the title off Wyatt. Reigns will be back in the main event scene eventually and Wyatt has to lose eventually, but we've seen Reigns have his moment numerous times. I'm ready for someone new.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly never thought they were going with Roman/Wyatt for Mania. I know that it's been the rumored match since Wyatt won the strap, but this twenty year feud with Baron Corbin leads me to believe that WWE's still not sure what to do with Reigns. I've just assumed he would be doing something with Goldberg because it really doesn't seem like they're pushing him towards a title match. As for Cena, I could see him being Wyatt's opponent.

Then again, it could very well be Roman... These reports mean next to nothing as I'm sure most Mania plans and matches change and change back by the literal minute.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I find it hard to read news about "plans" that haven't been confirmed being changed.
    At this point, I have exactly the same amount of information I had around the Royal Rumble, but Ive gone through the roller coaster of thinking one thing and now being told thats not the case anymore.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I would go with Reigns vs. Goldberg. Total smashfest, couldn't care less who wins.

The Fiend should have a big opponent, and so should Cena... sounds like a plan to me.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    According to various reports, there are expected to be like half a dozen women's matches on this year's card and I just don't see that happening. The length of WrestleMania becomes more and more ridiculous each year and I'm of the opinion that your biggest show of the year should feature your best talent, not every talent you have signed to the roster. As far as being part of the WrestleMania payday, pay the talent who doesn't appear and simply call it a bonus and be done with it. I don't consider it throwing money away; having 50 year old wrestlers who never could wrestle decimate men almost 20 years younger in 3 minutes and paying him millions to do it is throwing money away in my eyes.

Based on how it looks right now, what's all but confirmed right now is follows:

WWE Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
    WWE Universal Championship - Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns
    NXT Women's Championship - Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair

For the rest of the card, I might go with this:

WWE Intercontinental Championship Elimination Match - Braun Strowman (c) vs. Daniel Bryan, vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, vs. Sheamus vs. Cesaro vs. Elias
    WWE United States Championship Ladder Match - Andrade (c) vs. Humberto Carrilllo vs. Rey Mysterio, vs. Angel Garza vs. Bobby Lashley vs. AJ Styles
    WWE Raw Women's Championship - Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler
    WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks
    WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Seth Rollins & Murphy (c) vs. the Viking Raiders vs. the Street Profits vs. the OC
    WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship - The Miz & John Morrison (c) vs. the New Day vs. the Usos vs. Heavy Machinery
    No Holds Barred - Edge vs. Randy Orton
    Special Attraction - John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

As I said, it'd leave a lot of talent off the show but WWE can pay 'em anyhow and call it a bonus. I don't care about the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, the WrestleMania Woman's Battle Royal and the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship, while held by two highly talented women, exist only for the purpose of giving someone a championship belt to carry around for a while. Sure, there's also a lot of multi-man matches on the show but I think that's probably the best way to get the most out of WWE's mid-card and tag team titles considering they haven't exactly been used well for quite a bit of time. So, piling lots of men into them for some physical, chaotic action might be the only reasonable course to making them exciting because, right now, nobody really cares about them and there's no definitive reason why they should when you look at how most of them have been used over the last 6+ months.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information