Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RAW 2/24

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No need for a women's Elimination Chamber match, Shayna's got that pretty much guaranteed.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    No need for a women's Elimination Chamber match, Shayna's got that pretty much guaranteed.
    She needs to go over Becky too.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    She needs to go over Becky too.
    She does nothing for me, but you're right,
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Did they botch the finish?

Edit - Nevermind they're in Canada, so they have to reference the Montreal Screwjob for the 500th time

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Monday Night Raw
    Date: February 24, 2020
    Commentators: Tom Phillips, Byron Saxton, Jerry Lawler

It’s the go home show for Super ShowDown but since WWE doesn’t get the idea of slowing down on anything, we are also building towards Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania at the same time. Brock Lesnar is in the house tonight and that could mean some interesting things for Drew McIntyre and Ricochet. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

They've Still Got It

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Did they botch the finish?

Edit - Nevermind they're in Canada, so they have to reference the Montreal Screwjob for the 500th time
    How was that a Montreal reference?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's pretty similar but not exactly Montreal. Maybe they weren't going for that.

Is it just me or has Raw started getting to be pretty good the past several weeks overall?

Last night's Raw was the best episode I've seen in a long while. Things progressed along with the major storylines enough to stay interesting, there seemed to be a distinct lack of filler as the only thing that felt like filler was the R-Truth and Bobby Lashley stuff, there was solid to very good wrestling throughout and some of these newer faces are getting more of a chance to shine. While it's frustrating to see WWE trying to plug three different PPV events at once and while I still wish the Saudi shows were dumped, they kept things well balanced last night.

I'm more into Orton right now than at any time in years. For the first time in years, as a matter of fact, the man seems motivated and a motivated Randy Orton is among the best wrestlers in the world in my opinion. I'm glad they broke up the formula enough this week so that Orton didn't go psycho on someone else, there's no need to repeat what was done to Matt Hardy the last two weeks in a row with someone else and Kevin Owens is a good opponent.

Garza has IT, the kid's just loaded with star power. He's got the looks, that confident swagger, can speak English well enough to carry on a conversation, can deliver inside the ring and is already getting great responses from the crowd. The only downside is my 13 year old niece thinks he's "luscious" so I'm rooting for someone to make him not to pretty. Preferably with a box cutter. Nice work from Garza and Carrillo but something is missing from Humberto; he's a good looking kid who's f un to watch in the ring, though I think he needs a mouthpiece or something.

Ricochet vs. Luke Gallows was good for what it was, though it would be nice to see Ricochet actually confront Lesnar and not look like an ineffectual fly while doing it. The shooting star press looked impressive and make me think of Lesnar's infamous botched attempt at the move on Kurt Angle way back in the day. If Ricochet can develop more of a personality and a stronger presence on the mic, the sky's the limit with him.

The stuff with Aleister Black and the OC was interesting. Black did a good job of selling the effects of their beating, though it was more than a bit much considering the beatdown wasn't nearly that severe. Still though, he sold it well and he didn't go over the top with it. I wasn't all that interested in a rematch with Erick Rowan but I got into it quickly. They told a good story and delivered a physical outing, with Black selling the attack from the OC all the while and the fans rallying behind him as Rowan beat him from pillar to post. Black getting a win over the monster despite not being 100% is classic wrestling and is another example of why keeping things simple works best almost every single time. The fans are more into black than they were, they keep getting more and more into him and now he wants AJ Styles for next week. As for Rowan, he's in a spot where I figured he'd wind up: squarely in the middle of the card where he'll squash jobbers and some of the other mid to lower mid-card guys but will be used to put over the stronger mid-card talent on their way upwards.

The sit down interview with McIntyre was a nice change, though I'm waiting for something with a little more emotional impact from him. For instance, he's talked a lot about his firing from WWE, how he fell from grace, how much getting a WWE title shot means, etc. but I'd like something a little more. This may be a little cheesy but I do sorta wish McIntyre's mother would be mentioned as she passed away several years ago. You know, how they could weave his mother into things considering that his goal was to be WWE Champion, how he slipped from grace, was fired, made his comeback and now will finally have his first WWE Championship match but his mother isn't here to see it. I mean, c'mon, we all wanna cheer for a guy who's got talent and is getting a big opportunity but who's mama isn't able to be part of the journey with him..

The women's Elimination Chamber match seems...unnecessary when you think about out. Hell, you don't even have to think about it considering that the only woman in that match, aside from Shayna, who is in Becky Lynch's league is Asuka and Becky's beaten Asuka and she's beaten Asuka twice over the past month in two title matches. The former Riott Squad? Ruby Riott litereally just returned from injury, Liv Morgan is just....well I have no idea what's going on with her since the whole thing with Lana, Lashley and Rusev enved so abruptly and Sarah Logan is just in limbo. We've seen Natalya vs. Becky numerous times in the past and Nattie is ultimately just the veteran in these sorts of matches. It should be a good, physical match and an entertaining match is always good thing but, at the same time, I sort of wish they'd just have a big ol' elimination match on Raw with Shayna winning, because she's going to win and everyone already knows it, and use a second EC match for something else.

There wasn't enough time for Angelo Dawkins vs. Murphy to really get into anything before Rollins interfered. However, Montesz Ford, talking some trash to Rollins, got himself a match and he looked really good. They gave them about 15.5, maybe 16 minutes for a match and they delievered a really good outing. Ford is easily the stand out of the Street Profits, he's got tons of athletic ability and charisma that just goes on and on and on. He and Rollins delivered a really fun, energetic and competitive match. I mean...in all honesty, some of the matches we've gotten on Raw as of late look like they use something of an NXT formula in that they're given a good amount of time and no matter who wins or loses, everyone comes out looking good and their stocks rise.

Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton was good for what it was, which was, surprisingly, more about furthering Owens' feud with Rollins. When the ref delivered that really fast count and went outside the ring to sort of keep Rollins separated from Owens, I immediately suspected he was a disciple and they revealed that was exactly the case. Owens ripped off the ref shirt, revealing a Rollins' shirt underneath, so the ref ate a stunner and was powerbombed through the table to end the show for the fans on a high note.

So yeah, overall, a lot of good stuff on last night's Raw. Paul Heyman seems to be getting a little more and more creative freedom and control as time goes on; I just hope he's able to keep the Universal Championship on Bray Wyatt this Thursday because there's a distinct chill in the air suggesting Goldberg vs. Reigns at WrestleMania for the strap.

I give last night's show a very solid B. Last night's show was focused, balanced, had a distinct lack of filler and it makes me wonder why Vince doesn't do shows like this every week. I mean, I know that he could but I just don't know why he doesn't.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    The only downside is my 13 year old niece thinks he's "luscious" so I'm rooting for someone to make him not to pretty. Preferably with a box cutter.
    Jesus fuck dude. I hope you're joking otherwise this is kinda psycho

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Nice work from Garza and Carrillo but something is missing from Humberto
    Any personality or character. He's an instant channel changer.

Thread Information