Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Come Express Your Rage Thread

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think the Fiend is a lame gimmick. But even I think he deserved better than that.

No disrespect to Goldberg, but any good will they managed to rebuild after that HIAC debacle with the Fiend is gone.

Also, I'm kind of sick of the mentality that everyone who doesn't like Lesnar/Goldberg's booking is a smark. I can't stand r/squaredcircle, but I also find "Lesnar smash!" to be incredibly dull.
    Last edited by Fallout; 02-28-2020 at 10:54 AM.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    They're supposedly the "true fans". They know so much more about wrestling than all the virgin neckbeard losers online.

Here's what's ironic. They want someone who's charismatic, larger than life, must see, and 100% committed to their character. Someone who can talk on the mic. Someone who appeals to casuals. Someone who doesn't have a generic look and doesn't do 10,000 flips per match and isn't obsessed with 5 star matches. And they get all of that with The Fiend, and yet it's not good enough lol.
    It's just contrarianism.

Don't get me wrong, smarks are obnoxious, but so are people who deliberately go out of their way to support anything smarks don't like. Be an independent thinker and like who you want to like, and hate who you want to hate. At the end of the day, our interpretation of wrestling is just as subjective as the next person's.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My username and I are feeling very attacked in this thread.

5. Likes Spidey, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't care about rubs or any other in-the-know talk. I just want to be entertained. No problem with people expressing their opinions, but if it's just me reading the same people that hatewatch choreographed fiction on the reg lose their shit over one match, I can be entertained by that too.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I didn't watch the show so when I seen Goldberg won on Facebook I just shaked my head. Wasn't mad, not even disappointed cos I wasn't even shocked that it happened. They wonder why they're new stars aren't as over, maybe it's because you have them lose to people who's best days were 20 years ago. He didn't need to beat KO and he damn sure didn't need to beat Wyatt.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    I didn't watch the show so when I seen Goldberg won on Facebook I just shaked my head. Wasn't mad, not even disappointed cos I wasn't even shocked that it happened. They wonder why they're new stars aren't as over, maybe it's because you have them lose to people who's best days were 20 years ago. He didn't need to beat KO and he damn sure didn't need to beat Wyatt.
    Do they really wonder, though? It's a well-known mandate that the collective WWE is the brand, not any given superstar. It's not a shock when they kick the legs out from under someone that gets too popular anymore because that's a threat to the brand.

Personally I think we should be impressed by the gumption of Vince. He books like he already has the monopoly on wrestling.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Spidey liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I heard 67 year old Ricky The Dragon Steamboat is winning The WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Several things can happen. Lots of time left before Wrestlemania. Wyatt can destroy Goldberg and get every ounce of heat back. Maybe it's Goldberg vs. Wyatt at Mania? Roman vs. Cena? Who knows, could be anything. I doubt they just decided to kill Wyatt yesterday. If they did it because Vince doesn't dig Wyatt, then even I'll admit he's totally lost it.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elky View Post
    It has nothing to do with neckbeards. WWE looks absolutely stupid to build up Wyatt perfectly like this and then just completely ruin it.

The Fiend character was interesting and got over with fans. No one is really interested in seeing the most hated guy on the roster go against a 53 year old part timer whose matches are shorter than heating up a TV dinner.
    The ironic thing about this post is itâ??s about 2 years in the past. Reigns being the most hated guy on the roster is long gone. At least for now.

17. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iâ??m pretty sure it was just so Reigns doesnâ??t get booâ??d taking the title from Goldberg at Mania.

19. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information