Thread: Who is main eventing Wrestlemania this year?

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who is main eventing Wrestlemania this year?

I haven't been following WWE very closely lately outside of looking at KB's show reviews, the last I watched was The Royal Rumble match only and a snippet of a match since. It's just become really stale to me now due to major over exposure. I could care less about Elimination Chamber, it's not even a dangerous structure anymore, it's all padded to hell. But one event I'll be watching is Wrestlemania. Who could they be using to Main Event the show?

Becky vs Shayna ? We saw what happened last time they took a chance at putting the women on the main event, they botched the finish and failed to get the crowd remotely involved in the match, probably one of the quietest main event matches in a long time, even though the contest wasn't that bad.

Goldberg vs Roman? Time to try attempt 25 at making The Big Dog the top star again? How has that worked so far? His peak popularity was with The Sheild, both heel and face in that stable. Since then its been a real struggle to get fans behind him, mainly due to the obvious nature of his forced booking. How did he deserve this championship opportunity for example? I don't recall reading about him winning a battle Royale or a fatal four way. Nope, it's just "Me next." That's borderline heel characterization right there. And his opponent Goldberg is just a TWO moves of Doom who peaked in WCW, and that's coming from a Goldberg fan.

Bayley vs Boss ? This is one WWE storyline that has been going on FOREVER, they keep teasing a feud for these two but for some reason NEVER pull the trigger. They can have an epic match given the proper time because they know each other so well. Can you imagine what kind of promotional video (WWE do these TOP NOTCH) could be made for this match? They have so much material to work with. That's even IF they are going with this match.

Cena vs Fiend? I doubt it, John Cena is here for a short time (Most likely) and WWE obviously don't see Fiend as Main Event material for Wrestlemania otherwise he'd still be Champion. Middle or beginning of the card at best.

Undertaker vs AJ Styles? A good match, but what are the stakes for this one? You know AJ is going to make Taker look like he hasn't lost a step and fans are going to love it....but it most likely won't end the show, Taker already did that with Roman and seemingly retired by putting his hat and gear in the ring before leaving. Lol.

Tag team match? No chance.

Celebrity match? They tried that before and flopped.

Some other woman's match? Nah, Charlotte vs Ripley won't be enough.

So the obvious answer to me has to be...

Brock vs Drew: It's the biggest, most important match on the card. Drew won the men's Royal Rumble, so he should be main eventing Wrestlemania like it always was and always should be going forward. Why mess with tradition? Plus, it's never obvious who the winner is going to be, everyone wants Drew to have his big moment...but we're talking about BRRRROOOOCCCCK.....LLLLEEEESSSNNNAAAR here, everyone thought Roman Reigns was winning the other year, no doubt about it, Roman is winning this ma....oh shit, nevermind Brock just ended Mania in a shocker. So I really wouldn't be surprised if Brock wins and they do a rematch down the road.
    Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail; 03-07-2020 at 06:40 AM.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd have gone for Cena vs. The Fiend if that was for the title. Would've been a great endorsement if he closed the show.

I fear for Drew's chances of winning if they don't go last. And I for for the reaction the match will get if they do.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd be surprised if one of the two world title matches doesn't main event.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Drew vs Brock is the obvious choice.
    If they were going off of best story currently being told, it would be Edge vs Orton

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHOLCOMB22 View Post
    I think Drew vs Brock is the obvious choice.
    If they were going off of best story currently being told, it would be Edge vs Orton
    WWE - So you want Reigns vs Goldberg?

8. Likes JHOLCOMB22 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Brock vs Drew is my guess.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Thread Information