Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Thread of Movie Lists and Chit Chat (w/Jake)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I read about Mulan. Seems excessive. People will pay it and cinema is fucked.

Though I'm liking that the ones that are open are playing a mix of classics and films that wouldn't usually get a chain cinema release.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    I read about Mulan. Seems excessive. People will pay it and cinema is fucked.

Though I'm liking that the ones that are open are playing a mix of classics and films that wouldn't usually get a chain cinema release.
    I have no issue at all with it. $30 is a lot of money but a family of 4 going to see it in theatres is spending about $50 just for the tickets so it is cheaper than going to see it for them. But nothing can replicate the experience of going to the movie theatre so in the long run they'll be fine.

AMC thinks their new deal with Universal is gonna save cinema. Universal films are going to be On-Demand 17 days after release. Kinda a best of both worlds. 17 days in theatre then you can get it online while it's still relatively fresh.

What's it like going to cinema's over there? They haven't opened here yet.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been twice and they've been empty. Me and the kids for Black Water and an additional 4 or so for Bill and Ted.

The ones closer to home are opening with Tenet. Giving the staff no time to become accustomed to their new procedures.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What happened to numbered sequels. It started becoming a thing in the 2000s and seems to almost have disappeared now. Off the top of my head only animated Disney/Pixar movies keep numbering sequels. Everything else just has a heading

It happened to video games as well (although not as prominent) Assassin's Creed hasn't had a numbered sequel since the fourth one and they're on their tenth mainline game now. Halo has decided to leave 6 off Infinite for some reason. Far Cry is still numbering their sequels though

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't mind if they have subtitles or they're numbered. What I hate is a lack of consistency.

- How To Train Your Dragon 1 & 2/ How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

- Iron Man 1, 2 & 3/Every other Marvel sequel having a subtitle

I'm sure there are more examples but that's al I've got right now because I'm tired.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't mind if they have subtitles or they're numbered. What I hate is a lack of consistency.

- How To Train Your Dragon 1 & 2/ How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

- Iron Man 1, 2 & 3/Every other Marvel sequel having a subtitle

I'm sure there are more examples but that's al I've got right now because I'm tired.
    You're 100% right about the consistency part. Hell, you can just fix it by putting the number before the subtitle. "How To Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World" works just fine.

I would give Iron Man movies a bit of a pass since the first 2 were pre-Disney. However the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel was called Vol. 2, and as of now Caption Marvel, Spider Man, and Black Panther have numerical titles, but it is likely those could just be working titles.

The question coming out of this conundrum here is, what subtitles do you give to Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, and Guardians 2?

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iron Man 2: Whiplash
    Iron Man 3: The Mandarin
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Kurt Russell

8. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How could I forget

Jurassic Park
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park 3

Going numerical late in the game. However this could've been salvaged if they'd done this with the 2nd trilogy

Jurassic World
    The Lost Park: Jurassic World
    Jurassic World 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iron Man 2: Whiplash
    Iron Man 3: The Mandarin
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Kurt Russell
    If they called Iron Man 3 Iron Man 3: The Mandarin, and kept Mandarin the way he was in the film, I'm pretty sure the world would explode.

I was thinking Iron Man 3: Extremis would have worked. Iron Man 2 would have been Iron Man 2: H.A.M.M.E.R. Time.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    You're 100% right about the consistency part. Hell, you can just fix it by putting the number before the subtitle. "How To Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World" works just fine.

I would give Iron Man movies a bit of a pass since the first 2 were pre-Disney. However the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel was called Vol. 2, and as of now Caption Marvel, Spider Man, and Black Panther have numerical titles, but it is likely those could just be working titles.

The question coming out of this conundrum here is, what subtitles do you give to Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, and Guardians 2?
    Well, Black Panther 2 isn't happening, so we can just remove that one from the list....

Chadwick Boseman just died. I'm in shock. Apparently he had Colon Cancer since 2016.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Thread Information