Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Thread of Movie Lists and Chit Chat (w/Jake)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Gunn had actually deleted most of the stuff that was released today, it was just dug up an angry alt right media member who admitted he released the tweets because he was angry that Gunn was so outspoken against Trump.

For the record, the guy, Mike Cernovich, is no saint on social media himself.

https://cernovichleaks.com/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's the guy who helped propagate pizzagate - "Why would a political campaign always be ordering pizza? Unless... "pizza" is code for "children to rape in a basement"! All the pieces fit!" - so you don't have to convince me that he's a piece of shit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Political shit in spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:
    The only good thing that I can see happening from the James Gunn firing is a paradigm shift. The politically sensitive left and right will be put in the metaphorical sights of those with the actual ability to behave like rational adults when it comes to politics.

The goalpost shifting from right-wing partisan hacks is hilarious though. "It's OK when we do it!"

Nah, it's not OK when you or the left do it. At least apply your principles consistently.

I was doing online surveys, and I got a really weird in-depth one about Alita that asked me to micro-analyse Christoph Waltz's character. I can't look at the guy the same way after his appalling performance in SPECTRE.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

4. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Political shit in spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:
    The only good thing that I can see happening from the James Gunn firing is a paradigm shift. The politically sensitive left and right will be put in the metaphorical sights of those with the actual ability to behave like rational adults when it comes to politics.

The goalpost shifting from right-wing partisan hacks is hilarious though. "It's OK when we do it!"

Nah, it's not OK when you or the left do it. At least apply your principles consistently.

Click for Spoiler:
    I've been saying for ages that politics is like a sphere. You go to far left or right you end up the other side. Honestly I feel that the loss of common sense is a big factor in stuff like the James Gunn thing. Were the things he said in poor taste. Yes. He clearly has/had a sick sense of humour but they're clearly poor taste jokes and not serious. For one he hasb

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I was doing online surveys, and I got a really weird in-depth one about Alita that asked me to micro-analyse Christoph Waltz's character. I can't look at the guy the same way after his appalling performance in SPECTRE.
    I've only seen Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Bastards and Big Eyes. Was Spectre really that bad?

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    SPECTRE was probably the worst movie in the official Eon James Bond franchise. Yeah, probably worse than Die Another Day.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I like Die Another Day. It's one of my favorites.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Click for Spoiler:
    I've been saying for ages that politics is like a sphere. You go to far left or right you end up the other side. Honestly I feel that the loss of common sense is a big factor in stuff like the James Gunn thing. Were the things he said in poor taste. Yes. He clearly has/had a sick sense of humour but they're clearly poor taste jokes and not serious. For one he hasb

I've only seen Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Bastards and Big Eyes. Was Spectre really that bad?
    You should watch Django Unchained. He won an Oscar for that one and that movie is very good.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I liked Die another day as well. But I agree, Sceptre was trash.

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Second season of Luke Cage got REALLY fucking redundant from episode 10 and on.

Please marvel. Get the season length thing down.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Stopped watching after Daredevil Series 2. Too much to sift through for my liking. The boring outweighs the good.

Thread Information