Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Thread of Movie Lists and Chit Chat (w/Jake)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    I like Die Another Day. It's one of my favorites.
    Die Another Day... knows what it is, which is much more than I can say for Spectre.

If somebody tells you the Dalton Bond films are better than conventionally thought, don't listen to them, it's a cruel trick.

Quote Originally Posted by 13thNorthMan View Post
    Second season of Luke Cage got REALLY fucking redundant from episode 10 and on.

Please marvel. Get the season length thing down.
    You'd like think they'd learn after the... fourth time? Fifth time? The first season of Daredevil is the only one that's come close to justifying the length, and it could probably still have lost an episode or two.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll fully admit I like Die Another Day a lot because it's the second Bond movie I ever saw, the first being The World Is Not Enough which I found to be occasionally boring, what with its plot that didn't involve hovercraft chases, face switching, invisible cars, hotels made of ice, or Halle Berry in the orange bikini.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    I'll fully admit I like Die Another Day a lot because it's the second Bond movie I ever saw, the first being The World Is Not Enough which I found to be occasionally boring, what with its plot that didn't involve hovercraft chases, face switching, invisible cars, hotels made of ice, or Halle Berry in the orange bikini.
    Same, though it was my first Bond movie. Looking back it's not great, but there's always something cool in a Bond movie.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    If somebody tells you the Dalton Bond films are better than conventionally thought, don't listen to them, it's a cruel trick.

I think License To Kill is really good though. It's very different, but that's why I like it and it plays more to Dalton's strengths than The Living Daylights, which sucks IMO.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If anyone loves terrible/awesome films, one of my favourites has been returned to YouTube. Miami Connection (1987) is about a rock and roll band comprised of martial artists who challenge a motorcycle gang of drug dealing ninjas. Aside from the prologue, does not take place in Miami. The film was panned when it was released in 87, and remained pretty much unseen until it was given a proper release in 2012.

Trailer (though if you don't need any more convincing beyond "terrible/awesome films", please don't watch it and enjoy the full film on YouTube) :
    Click for Spoiler:

Fans of Far Cry: Dragon Blood may remember some of the music from this film, as Far Cry used some of the original tracks from the film.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    New trailer for Alita: Battle Angel

https://youtu.be/w7pYhpJaJW8

Looks pretty good I think

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Has anyone seen the new trailers from Comi-Con? Namely Aquaman, Shazam, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters. They all look awesome as hell.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I think License To Kill is really good though. It's very different, but that's why I like it and it plays more to Dalton's strengths than The Living Daylights, which sucks IMO.
    Re-watched LTK today, and I can confirm. Robert Davi is great, as is his character, a paranoid, threatening and yet charismatic drug lord.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Has anyone seen the new trailers from Comi-Con? Namely Aquaman, Shazam, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters. They all look awesome as hell.
    I'm interested in Shazam. I'll see Aquaman and Godzilla out of my commitment to always remain part of the zeitgeist. Mind you, I still haven't watched Justice League.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    Stopped watching after Daredevil Series 2. Too much to sift through for my liking. The boring outweighs the good.
    And this is the reason i cant get into the Marvel Netflix stuff.

Thread Information