Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Thread of Movie Lists and Chit Chat (w/Jake)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Lion King ☆

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    The Lion King ☆
    What I heard is that itâ??s literally the exact same movie as last time, just with, mostly, different voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    What I heard is that it’s literally the exact same movie as last time, just with, mostly, different voices.
    it's essentially a frame by frame retelling of the original Lion King animated film that came out back in '94. The visuals are great, as you might expect, but it's just a dry retelling of an animated film. It's really kind of a rip off and a pecker slap to the face when you wanna get right down to it. I took my niece to see it over the weekend, she's a Disney fanatic and even she was disappointed. Save your money and just watch the animated version as it has, in my view, a much better voice cast. It was cook that James Earl Jones reprised the role of Mufasa for the live action version and to hear that he's still got that powerful, commanding voice despite being in his late 80s. However, Jeremy Irons was fantastic as Scar and, of course, he's nowhere to be found here as they wanted to be politically correct and have an all black cast, if I'm not mistaken. The live action version of Scar just doesn't have remotely the personality or charisma Irons' vocal performance brought to the original role.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was baffled as to why they went for photo realism in a fantasy film. Looks impeccable when they're not talking, looks like Beverley Hills Chihuahua when they are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    July

1. Midsommer ☆☆☆☆☆
    2. The Apartment ☆☆☆☆
    3. Stuber ☆☆☆
    4. Spider-Man: Far From Home ☆☆☆
    5. The Dead Don't Die ☆☆☆
    6. Apollo 11 ☆☆☆
    7. Annabelle Comes Home ☆☆
    8. Anna ☆
    9 The Kion King ☆

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    July

1. Midsommer ☆☆☆☆☆
    2. The Apartment ☆☆☆☆
    3. Stuber ☆☆☆
    4. Spider-Man: Far From Home ☆☆☆
    5. The Dead Don't Die ☆☆☆
    6. Apollo 11 ☆☆☆
    7. Annabelle Comes Home ☆☆
    8. Anna ☆
    9 The Kion King ☆
    I've seen the Apartment a few times now and like it more every time. It's an amazing movie.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not seen it previously. Enjoyed it a lot but a 10am screening may have been a touch early for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManTheyCalledNorCal View Post
    I watched Kingsman 2 the other day. I didn't care for it.
    Its the time you had to face the error which is not possible this time seriously

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can't argue with that.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGVQLHvwOY]

The trailer for "Joker" hit sometime yesterday and most people I've talked to have raved about how excited they are for it. "Joker" is, for all intents and purposes, an origin story for the Clown Prince of Crime starring Joaquin Phoenix and is set in 1981.

I have a feeling this is going to be something of a strange movie in which good and evil are clouded by sympathy and empathy. The Joker is arguably the greatest villain in all of comic book history; he's certainly not the most powerful, the most intelligent or most ambitious villain, but the just buttfuck crazy and is as happy as a clam to be so. The trailer gives me the sense that even though Joker will probably do some awful things to people, that even though we're seeing someone start off down the road to becoming a notorious mass murderer, you're gonna walk away from the movie "liking" the guy because the movie's story will let you see what makes him tick and what's ultimately responsible for him being why he is the way he is. I just get the feeling that some really bad things are gonna happen to him in the story and that the result will be that many of us will feel, on a visceral level, that all the victims are getting what they deserve, maybe including bystanders, given how life has played Kick the Can with Joker. In the trailer, Phoenix conveys to me a sense that he's just barely hanging on, that whatever....well...whatever "the Joker" ultimately is has always been there but is now just right below the surface. As Phoenix has aged over the yeas, his face is much more expressive and you can see a story being told with just some of his expressions.

Set to open October 4 in the United States, "Joker" is the first in what's said to be a separate branch of DCEU movies called "DC Dark." This movie does have an R rating and I'm assuming all the other "DC Dark" films will as well. So yeah, I definitely wanna see this and this may well be the movie that DC has needed for so long. It's not about loud CGI and epic fights between gods, it's the in-depth story of how a failed comic became a monster.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information