Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Thread of Movie Lists and Chit Chat (w/Jake)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    1. Lady Bird ★★★★★
    2. Coco ★★★★★
    3. Paddington 2 ★★★★
    4. Isle of Dogs ★★★★
    5. The Incredibles 2 ★★★★
    6. Mandy ★★★★
    7. Hereditary ★★★★
    8. Widows ★★★★
    9. First Man ★★★★
    10. The Shape of Water ★★★★
    11. A Quiet Place ★★★★
    12. Phantom Thread ★★★★
    13. Teen Titans Go to the Movies ★★★★
    14. Avengers: Infinity War ★★★
    15. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs ★★★
    16. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again ★★★
    17. Annihilation ★★★
    18. Upgrade ★★★
    19. You Were Never Really Here ★★★
    20. A Star is Born ★★★
    21. Blockers ★★★
    22. Mute ★★★
    23. Black Panther ★★★
    24. Mission: Impossible Fallout ★★★
    25. BlacKkKlansman ★★★
    26. Deadpool 2 ★★
    27. Ocean's Eight ★★
    28. Crazy Rich Asians ★★
    29. Garth Marenghi's Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ★
    30. The Cloverfield Paradox ★
    31. The Predator ★

If you stream them, it's just like working from home.

What's Cena in next? Bumblebee? That'll be fun.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have you seen Creed 2 yet? Just wondering your thoughts on it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's like Rocky 2

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I actually like Rocky II more than I like Rocky. If I had to rank all the movies in the franchise it'd be:

Rocky II
    Rocky
    Creed
    Creed II
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky III
    Rocky IV
    Rocky V

Creed II was good. Not as good as the first one but it's still very good and, IMO, it's the perfect end to this entire franchise. I know it probably won't be the end, but it book ends everything very nicely.

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    The Creed series is essentially a continuation of the Rocky series with enough alterations to make the Creed movies good without coming off like a direct rip off. The first Creed felt like a stand alone movie in that the only major similarity in the plot was Creed's gutsy and near successful attempt at winning the championship in the big fight. Creed II starts out with Creed already having won the Heavyweight Championship and going the route of having him take on Drago's son rather than pursuing a rematch, or being goaded into one, was really the better way to go, in my opinion.

I don't think Creed II is quite as good as the first, though I thought Stallone's performance was the highlight of both these movies as he's genuinely doing some of the best work of his career. Stallone is actually a good actor, that was first shown in the first Rocky film but it's just that people tend to forget about that because of all the action movies he's made where 75% of the requirements were that his character be some sort of macho alpha male with a jacked physique. It's something he's kept doing well past the time where it's sort of ridiculous to see him in that sort of role. For instance, he's making one last Rambo film entitled Rambo V: Last Blood that's due out about this time next year; the basic plot is that he travels to Mexico to save the daughter of a friend who's been kidnapped by a cartel. Stallone's 72 years old and the idea of watching John Rambo, at this point in his life, taking on Mexican gangsters and drug dealers in their prime is like...I dunno, it'd be like watching Hulk Hogan beat up Braun Strowman.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer
    The Creed series is essentially a continuation of the Rocky series with enough alterations to make the Creed movies good without coming off like a direct rip off. The first Creed felt like a stand alone movie in that the only major similarity in the plot was Creed's gutsy and near successful attempt at winning the championship in the big fight. Creed II starts out with Creed already having won the Heavyweight Championship and going the route of having him take on Drago's son rather than pursuing a rematch, or being goaded into one, was really the better way to go, in my opinion.

I don't think Creed II is quite as good as the first, though I thought Stallone's performance was the highlight of both these movies as he's genuinely doing some of the best work of his career. Stallone is actually a good actor, that was first shown in the first Rocky film but it's just that people tend to forget about that because of all the action movies he's made where 75% of the requirements were that his character be some sort of macho alpha male with a jacked physique. It's something he's kept doing well past the time where it's sort of ridiculous to see him in that sort of role. For instance, he's making one last Rambo film entitled Rambo V: Last Blood that's due out about this time next year; the basic plot is that he travels to Mexico to save the daughter of a friend who's been kidnapped by a cartel. Stallone's 72 years old and the idea of watching John Rambo, at this point in his life, taking on Mexican gangsters and drug dealers in their prime is like...I dunno, it'd be like watching Hulk Hogan beat up Braun Strowman.
    Not too keen on it either b/c the way 4 ended was a good character arc and brought the story full circle. Good point about Stallone as a actor though! He even got an Oscar nomination for the first Rocky. IMO he gave a fine display of his ability at the end of First Blood when he broke down.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    1. Lady Bird ★★★★★
    2. Coco ★★★★★
    3. Paddington 2 ★★★★
    4. Isle of Dogs ★★★★
    5. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★
    6. The Incredibles 2 ★★★★
    7. Mandy ★★★★
    8. Hereditary ★★★★
    9. Widows ★★★★
    10. First Man ★★★★
    11. The Shape of Water ★★★★
    12. A Quiet Place ★★★★
    13. Phantom Thread ★★★★
    14. Teen Titans Go to the Movies ★★★★
    15. Avengers: Infinity War ★★★
    16. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs ★★★
    17. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again ★★★
    18. Annihilation ★★★
    19. Upgrade ★★★
    20. You Were Never Really Here ★★★
    21. Creed II ★★★
    22. A Star is Born ★★★
    23. Blockers ★★★
    24. Mute ★★★
    25. Black Panther ★★★
    26. Mission: Impossible Fallout ★★★
    27. BlacKkKlansman ★★★
    28. Deadpool 2 ★★
    29. Ocean's Eight ★★
    30. Crazy Rich Asians ★★
    31. Garth Marenghi's Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ★
    32. The Cloverfield Paradox ★
    33. The Predator ★

Creed II works primarily as a sequel to Rocky IV. As a Creed sequel it feels pretty redundant, though it's hard to criticise a Rocky movie for being formulaic. I would watch another half dozen of these to be entirely fair.

Spider-Verse... I need to watch again. First impression was I need those trainers. Second impression was how much!?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How ridiculous is it that Black Panther is nominated for Best Picture at the Golden Globes? I mean, it was a good MCU film and it had a great villain, but best picture? Even for the Golden Globes this is ridiculous.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Awards are ridiculous.

This.THIS is the best film of the year.

But what about this foreign language/science fiction/animated/etc film?

No. It's this utterly forgettable slice if melodrama.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I watched Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindlewald. Kinda dull, could have cut about 40 minutes and it would have been more concise. Eddie Redmayne was the most boring actor in the movie. Also the people complaining about them not talking about Dumbledore and Grindlewald being gay clearly don't understand subtlety

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Thread Information