Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Megathread

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHOLCOMB22 View Post
    That won't stop them from announcing a new stadium record for attendance though
    I was gonna say they'd have the attendance record for fewest fans in attendance but the Tampa Bay Vipers of the XFL play there....... (sad because XFL has been fun so far).
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dang what's up with the Utah Jazz?

Donovan Mitchell is the 2nd confirmed case with the Coronavirus.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHOLCOMB22 View Post
    That won't stop them from announcing a new stadium record for attendance though
    Well, zero is a record.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    This shit is ridiculous.

Like, it's the flu! Chill the fuck out.
    Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was totally on your boat in thinking this was overblown. But the danger, at least to me, is less about mortality rates (which are astronomically higher than swine flu, let alone the common flu anyhow), and more the socio-economic impact.

Production in all work sectors is plummeting due to necessary precautions to prevent the spread of disease. The economy is set to face the biggest recession since the 2008 financial crisis, if not worse. Resources are being stockpiled to the point that providers can't keep up. People are publicly becoming more panicked and anxious as a result of everything going on, and are not attending school, work, cinemas or restaurants, let alone massive events with interactions between 100,000+ people like Wrestlemania.

I totally understand mass hysteria can do crazy things to people, but this is not "the flu". If anything, this is perhaps the worst global health crisis since the Spanish flu a century prior, which killed over twice as many people as World War 1 in half the amount of time. Add to that an increasingly globalised and interconnected world with travel between nations being readily available, and in many respects, it could be worse. Of course, it does not have the same mortality rates as Spanish flu, particularly within the youth, so it's not entirely a mirror image scenario, but this is undoubtedly the biggest health concern on a global scale since.

The important thing right now is ensuring we overcome this. There's plenty of cancellations and delays that have irritated me so far outside of the wrestling world, but they're necessary so as to ensure the public at large are safe and the virus causes less damage than it has the capability to if we were less cautious. What worries me more is how we respond to it. I understand wanting to downplay it to make people feel more secure and less panicked, but we need to acknowledge that the next 13-16 weeks will be tumultuous for pretty much everyone. My guess is that things cool down around late June-mid July period.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...s-coronavirus/

Rudy Gobert making it a point to touch all the microphones looks incredibly stupid now

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    This shit is ridiculous.

Like, it's the flu! Chill the fuck out.
    Dang if only the NBA and health officials and experts saw this. I bet wouldnâ??t have suspended the season.

7. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's their event, it can happen whenever they want. I would be shocked if they didn't simply reschedule it for May or June. It's a one-off show, it can be moved rather than cancelled.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    The thing about the Coronavirus isn't all cut and dry, at least not for me.

Personally, I get a little miffed when people just gloss over the fact that 48 people in the states have died from it. The last I heard, there were roughly 2,200 cases reported in the states so that's a mortality rate of about 2.2%. I know it's not a huge number but I doubt that the size of the statistic is important to the families of the people who've died from it. It's a serious issue whether we think so or not because the media and the politicians especially have made it into a serious issue. It's the people who're overreacting to it who're some of the biggest dangers; some are going on as though we're about to become a real life post-apocalyptic wasteland.

I have a feeling Tampa will cancel the event if WWE doesn't and WWE probably should. Why? Frankly, because it'll only serve as yet another big dent in the already thin armor of WWE's corporate face of being PC and progressive and all that kinda stuff. WWE's corporate face is different from the reality of how things are behind the scenes, that's long been known by fans but it's become more public knowledge the past several years due to the stories about backstage bullying not only happening but being encouraged, at times, by Vince, the scandalous reputation of the Fabulous Moolah coming to light and common knowledge even though WWE treated her as the patron saint of women's wrestling, the controversy of doing business with Saudi Arabia even though dozens of corporations bigger than WWE will ever hope to be have been doing it for decades, etc.. Even though I do think the media and politicians have blown the Coronavirus way out of proportion, that won't keep WWE from looking bad if they attempt to go ahead with the show and aren't the ones who decide to pull the plug instead of the Tampa city government.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 03-14-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    “Imagine there’s no possessions”, celebrities sing from their million dollar homes

Imagine being so out of touch with everyday people

12. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    “Imagine there’s no possessions”, celebrities sing from their million dollar homes

Imagine being so out of touch with everyday people
    Reminds me of this a little bit:

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information