Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Megathread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Coronavirus Megathread

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...52980562411521

"Several wrestlers that I'm speaking to don't believe WrestleMania will go on as scheduled. They've not been told anything, however."

I don't really know how serious this is or will become, but it's certainly a situation to monitor.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well I need to see Drew McIntyre beat Lesnar. If it isn't at 'Mania, then the next PPV, but this build better be dope.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This shit is ridiculous.

Like, it's the flu! Chill the fuck out.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Considering Vince sees illness as weakness, the decision to cancel WrestleMania will not come from him. Tampa, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    This shit is ridiculous.

I mean, yes and no. There's a lot of similarities, but the mortality rate is higher, and even that's not the alarming part. What concerns many is the length of time people can be asymptomatic while still spreading the virus.

Granted, there is indeed sensationalism abound, as much of this is still theory. It's too early to be anything else but theory. But if the numbers hold, it'd be foolish not to take precautions if neccessary.

Also a footnote, WWE has enacted a no touching policy at the meet and greets this year, so now pictures of creepy ass fans trying to kidnap Becky Lynch this year.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This shit is ridiculous.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was totally on your boat in thinking this was overblown. But the danger, at least to me, is less about mortality rates (which are astronomically higher than swine flu, let alone the common flu anyhow), and more the socio-economic impact.

Production in all work sectors is plummeting due to necessary precautions to prevent the spread of disease. The economy is set to face the biggest recession since the 2008 financial crisis, if not worse. Resources are being stockpiled to the point that providers can't keep up. People are publicly becoming more panicked and anxious as a result of everything going on, and are not attending school, work, cinemas or restaurants, let alone massive events with interactions between 100,000+ people like Wrestlemania.

I totally understand mass hysteria can do crazy things to people, but this is not "the flu". If anything, this is perhaps the worst global health crisis since the Spanish flu a century prior, which killed over twice as many people as World War 1 in half the amount of time. Add to that an increasingly globalised and interconnected world with travel between nations being readily available, and in many respects, it could be worse. Of course, it does not have the same mortality rates as Spanish flu, particularly within the youth, so it's not entirely a mirror image scenario, but this is undoubtedly the biggest health concern on a global scale since.

The important thing right now is ensuring we overcome this. There's plenty of cancellations and delays that have irritated me so far outside of the wrestling world, but they're necessary so as to ensure the public at large are safe and the virus causes less damage than it has the capability to if we were less cautious. What worries me more is how we respond to it. I understand wanting to downplay it to make people feel more secure and less panicked, but we need to acknowledge that the next 13-16 weeks will be tumultuous for pretty much everyone. My guess is that things cool down around late June-mid July period.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This shit is ridiculous.

Dang if only the NBA and health officials and experts saw this. I bet wouldnâ??t have suspended the season.

10. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Basketball tournament is doing games with no fans in attendance. Just friends and family. I expect that to be worst case scenario here.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Honestly, I can't see how this is going to happen. Things seems to be getting worse quickly and I just don't see how an event with 90,000+ people is going to be allowed to continue with the way things are going. The Denver-Utah NBA game was canceled tonight right before tip-off and it seems like it has to do with the coronavirus, with their being real concerns that a player has contracted it. Some states have already banned large gatherings. The GS Warriors will play in an empty arena tomorrow. The San Jose Sharks and Columbus Blue Jackets are playing without fans present. I could legitimately see them halting all sports games pretty soon.

I understand that Tamba doesn't wanna lose the payday that Wrestlemania will bring, but they might not have much of a choice.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That was quick. NBA is reportedly postponing the season following tonight's games.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz is confirmed to be infected with the virus. Speedy recovery young man!
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

18. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information