Thread: The Invasion angle that you never heard of...

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Invasion angle that you never heard of...

I was shown this last year and it's just fascinating. The following link is a YouTube playlist called McMemphis. Starting in 1993, the videos surround WWF coming south to the USWA. Lots of this serves as an extention of the Bret Hart/Jerry Lawler rivalry - with their heel/face dynamics reversed - but what's probably most interesting is all of this predates the evil Mr. McMahon character appearing on WWF TV. It seems as if they were testing the waters to see if Evil-Vince can resonate with an audience.

ENJOY! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV0f...FYhr6L0XSx4Tz_

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yep. One of those things I was begging would be made into a Hidden Gem. This one is more famous among hardcore old school fans but my goodness there is some AWESOME stuff in there.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Yep. One of those things I was begging would be made into a Hidden Gem. This one is more famous among hardcore old school fans but my goodness there is some AWESOME stuff in there.
    I may be mistaken, but I believe the reason it hasn't been Hidden Gems is because Lawler won't sell the library to WWE in spite of Vince's effort. And honestly - I shudder as I say this - but way to go, Jerry.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkmouth View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I believe the reason it hasn't been Hidden Gems is because Lawler won't sell the library to WWE in spite of Vince's effort. And honestly - I shudder as I say this - but way to go, Jerry.
    There's a big legal battle over who controls the library. That could take years to figure out.

6. Likes smarkmouth, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Read about it last yr or the yr before. Very interesting to see Vince as a heel given the time. He just seemed to have a knack for it.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

8. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Thread Information