Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How are you doing right now?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been miserable. My line of work (trade shows/conventions) completely shut down due to COVID-19. All shows were cancelled. My company continued to pay me for awhile, but as you can imagine that didn't last long. So I applied for unemployment which took forever to get. So I've just been sitting at home doing nothing.

I'm not scheduled to go back to work until August, but that's looking less likely as now the August shows are starting to be cancelled because of the COVID-19 starting to surge again. Right now, I'm doing something that I haven't been able to do in years due to work and having such a busy schedule. I'm in KY visiting my Mom and her side of my family. It's so good being back home. I never thought I'd miss it so much. I'm going to be here for a month or so. It's going to be great.

At least one good thing has come out of this mess.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    I've been miserable. My line of work (trade shows/conventions) completely shut down due to COVID-19. All shows were cancelled. My company continued to pay me for awhile, but as you can imagine that didn't last long. So I applied for unemployment which took forever to get. So I've just been sitting at home doing nothing.

I'm not scheduled to go back to work until August, but that's looking less likely as now the August shows are starting to be cancelled because of the COVID-19 starting to surge again. Right now, I'm doing something that I haven't been able to do in years due to work and having such a busy schedule. I'm in KY visiting my Mom and her side of my family. It's so good being back home. I never thought I'd miss it so much. I'm going to be here for a month or so. It's going to be great.

At least one good thing has come out of this mess.
    I know how you feel. I'm a huge workaholic myself, and being home for so long as been really draining. I get cabin fever after usually just a few days out of work (anything past the normal weekend off) and it's tough.

I've been in the job market myself, something I was planning BEFORE Covid hit, but with COVID it's made it extremely difficult to find anything because one most places aren't even hiring, and two a ton of people have been out of work due to this pandemic and looking for jobs. I'm in Education, and I honestly don't even know if I WANT to find a job in a school district, because nobody knows what that's going to look like come September.

It's a total mess, and I like everyone just can't wait till life returns to normal.

You're right that in at least you get to spend time with family. It IS important to find the positives for any negative situation. I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, and reframing things is one of my healthy coping methods. So just remember when things seem bad, try and reframe it in a way where you see the optimism. It's not always easy, but it's always an option.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information