Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are you doing right now?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I?m going stir crazy. I?m sick of being home. I?m sick of no sports and wrestling with no audience. I?m fortunate enough to be able to work from home, but sick of being here. My wife has worked from home for over a year now. Not sure how she hasn?t gone crazy. I can appreciate why we?re doing what we?re doing, but can?t wait for it to be over.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    There are some states that do not allow you to pump your own gas. New Jersey I know is one of them.

ironically I would think they'd want to only have employees pump gas, as otherwise you need to sanitize the pumps every damn customer.
    OMG Oregon just started allowing self service a few years back. The comments on the article about it were hilarious. People from Oregon we?re making it sound like rocket science and special forces all in one. I practically died laughing. New Jersey and Oregon are the only states.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My store lost 2/3rds of their workforce because of a coworkers testing positive, and I had to do a 12 hour shift during the day (I work overnights) with no notice. Been up for 2+ hours, and need to switch back to nocturnalness for Wednesday night. By the way I interacted with the person who went out the day before he got sent home. So...... Yay?

Seriously everyone needs to stay the fuck home.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh I only go out if we need something. Most days neither my wife nor I even leave the house. My fear is, like my sisters county did, our county will instigate a full quarantine (minus essential businesses) with only a few hours notice. It was hard enough to find toilet paper and other items 2 weeks ago, and any other time I?ve been out since I couldn?t. Short notice full quarantine will make everyone flock to stores, both making it more dangerous and even harder to find stuff.
    Last edited by Fire Marshall Bill; 04-01-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^ Where in Oregon are you?
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don?t live in Oregon. I just know about the gas stations because the reaction to self service was hilariously overblown. Legit laugh out loud comments on the article. Both the people who made it sound hard and the people making fun of those people.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I spent friday night and saturday night drinking on video conferences to mates and it made me feel good. Then Sunday I was downhill fast. Like didnt want to get out of bed, couldnt sleep. Then today I've worked from home and normalled/levelled out. I'm not even in a bad situation all things considered and cant see how I'm going to last if this goes 6 months. Maybe it'll normalise or something. Genuinely concerned for mental health and suicides for the forseeable future

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    I don't know where he's from in America but I've lived in 5 states and I've always pumped my own gas. Unreal though.
    There are some states that do not allow you to pump your own gas. New Jersey I know is one of them.

ironically I would think they'd want to only have employees pump gas, as otherwise you need to sanitize the pumps every damn customer.
    The only states that don't let people pump their own Gas are Oregon & New Jersey.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    I spent friday night and saturday night drinking on video conferences to mates and it made me feel good. Then Sunday I was downhill fast. Like didnt want to get out of bed, couldnt sleep. Then today I've worked from home and normalled/levelled out. I'm not even in a bad situation all things considered and cant see how I'm going to last if this goes 6 months. Maybe it'll normalise or something. Genuinely concerned for mental health and suicides for the forseeable future
    Keep strong dude. I too am worried about mental health at large while trying to cope in my own way. I have two kids and half the battle for me lately has been keeping my cool around them, which doesn't afford me a lot of time to process what I need to process. Objectively I know I don't have it bad. I worked from home to begin with anyway. I just miss my friends and restaurants. I have similar boundaries, they just have a sharp edge to them now.

My family and I live in an apartment building and we have a confirmed case somewhere in the building. While they're quarantined or whatnot I still don't feel at ease using the front door, so we borrowed a ladder so I can climb off my balcony for the necessary errands. Probably look stupid as shit but, y'know, *gestures broadly*

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hey all,

It's been a minute. I've been doing alright. I was working at a psych facility for kids with trauma and mental health challenges for the past year or so. Currently working on my Masters in School Psychology, and so I moved into the emotional support school part of the facility as a TA. But I decided somewhere around Christmas that I wanted to move on, and find a job in a more secure setting like a school district...or ideally a preschool since I loved working in that setting during college.

My plan was to leave at the end of the school year in June, change my status to PRN as an employee there and pick up some shifts while I found a job over the summer. However, COVID happened and screwed up all my plans. They took all of us TAs and threw us on the psych unit while all the teachers got to chill at home on salary. Kind of made me realize how undervalued I was despite having as much education as most of the teachers if not more. So I put in my request to go PRN right there in March, and have been just picking up weekend shifts since. I still love working with the kiddos on the unit. They can be challenging most of the time, but I don't think I could work with "normal boring kids". I like the trouble makers. Getting spit on or restraining them not so much, but I like being able to process trauma or even helping calm them down when they get upset over silly things.

So currently I'm in limbo. COVID I think is impacting a lot of the jobs available. Most of the preschool jobs I'm finding are only $11 - $12 an hour, which is less than I make where I'm working now. I'm trying to find a job that is close to my graduate school so I can commute there easily, but it definitely hasn't been easy. I'm aiming for something that's at least $30,000 a year so I can afford a decent apartment, but again it's harder than I anticipated especially right now where most schools aren't bothered with hiring because they don't know if they'll even be open in the fall. I do actually have an ofer for a position in a school district that fits the area I'm looking for, but it's to be a one to one with a middle school student who has autism. Middle school isn't my ideal population to work with, especially right now when I really had my heart set on preschool. Plus, I've worked as a one to one before. Being with the same kid for an entire school day, every single day, is a huge burn out. The money on paper looks good, but I realized for only 10 months it amounts to as much as I make right now in my current job. Since it's not salary, I'd be two months without pay.

So I'm stuck right now trying to figure out if I want to take this job, that isn't totally an answer, but is the only one that's readily available, or if I want to just keep doing what I'm doing with the weekend thing and focusing on grad school. Right now money isn't a total priority as I'm living with my good old Gram who's got my back. But I'm 24 now, and really determined to move out on my own into my own apartment. If I wait until September, my non compete disclosure I signed when working with a foster care agency expires and I have that avenue to go back to as well. I've been looking at things like behavior intervention and maybe even casework again too...because I'm losing hope I'll find a quality paying preschool job without having a degree in education (My degrees are Psychology and Criminal Justice). I've also still really been counting down the days to when I can adopt my own child out of foster care. But I've already convinced myself it's best to do that after finishing grad school, and finding a secure job as a school psychologist. Because I know when I do graduate, I'm probably going to have to move across the country to get a job. I won't be able to do that if I'm fostering a kid and am waiting for parental rights to be terminated.

Overall though with all that I've been pretty good. I'm up to 11 tattoos, hoping to get number 12 once this COVID shit clears up. Been playing TLOU2, and am on my second play through, and yup...that's about it.

Thread Information