Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current List of the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame Inductees

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Current List of the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame Inductees

Here are the names which are currently scheduled to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame:

Goldberg
    Dudley Boyz
    Ivory
    Jeff Jarrett
    Hillbilly Jim
    Kid Rock (celebrity wing)
    Mark Henry

Are all of these workers Hall of Fame material? How do you feel this class, so far, stacks up to last year's class (Kurt Angle, Teddy Long, DDP, Beth Phoenix, Rick Rude, Rock N' Roll Express, etc.)?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not sure what to make of this yet. A case can be made for all of them but I don't think any of them are quite elite level, you know. Kurt Angle was the headline HOF entrant last year and he was head and shoulders above any of this year's class. You look back at some of the recent names and it's no wonder I can't get excited about this class. People like Macho Man, Bruno Sammartino, Edge, Shawn Michaels etc all shaped wrestling as we know it. I don't think the same can be said of any of these people.

Goldberg had an amazing streak but was hardly ground-breaking by any means. If it wasn't for the streak, Goldberg wouldn't be going in. The Dudley Boyz are the best of the group, I reckon, They had an amazing career as tag team partners and deserve all of the accolades they get. But they don't do enough to make me excited to see this.

Has Goldberg been announced as the headline act this year? If not, they ought to get someone else in there. I'm pretty sure he has been though, so not chance of that. Either way, it's not crying out to me as a must-see event.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Dudleyz are really the gem of the class thus far. That isn't to disrespect Goldberg (much) but I feel they mean more to the history of pro wrestling than Goldberg.

September 22, 1997 - December 27, 1998. That is Goldberg's relevancy in pro wrestling. You could argue that November 20, 2016 to April 2, 2017 as well, but 18 months is a short ass time to be relevant. You could even argue it wasn't until about mid March of 1998 that he truly mattered, as that was when his "streak" first started to be mentioned. Hell, he isn't even the best of The Chosen in wrestling. Savage was definitely ahead, as was DDP. I'd even be the guy to argue Colt Cabana is better. So yeah, number four on the list, just ahead of Barry Horowitz.

Ivory did some solid character work at a time when most women's character was "tits" but she is going in mostly because she is one of the few Attitude and Ruthless Aggression Era women who had not been naked for a camera, been addicted to drugs, or been known to be loose.

Double J is there so WWE can look good for paying for his rehab and maybe so Vince can get a laugh at his expense.

Hillbilly Jim was a decent manager in an era of decent managers.

At least Kid Rock is a cowboy baby.

4. Likes Echelon liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Goldberg and the Dudleys are both deserving.

None of the others really are. Hillbilly Jim and Jeff Jarrett were both just midcarders while Ivory never did anything of note.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ivory did nothing of note? Shut your whore mouth you absolute fucking retard. How can you be so wrong?

Kid Rock is also confirmed now.

7. Likes supermatto64 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Ivory did nothing of note? Shut your whore mouth you absolute fucking retard. How can you be so wrong?

Kid Rock is also confirmed now.
    What exactly did she do that was HOF worthy?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    What exactly did she do that was HOF worthy?
    That's not what you said. What YOU said was she never did anything of note.

10. Likes supermatto64 liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Ivory never did anything of note.
    Except become champion during a time when the division was rather stacked as well as be a part of a hated faction that was consistently given air time.

12. Likes supermatto64 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ah yes, Kid Rock. The musical genius who once rhymed "We were trying funny things. We were smoking funny things." A true talent.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Double J deserves an induction for his work in TNA alone quite honestly.

Thread Information