Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Releases

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Tommy dreamer said it best when talking about the release. It's big money and big business. That's all it is really. WWE lost a ton of money off mania weekend. If this last a year like some are predicting, they will lose a ton of money off summerslam weekend and survivor series weekend as well as losing a lot of money off not being able to go to saudi arabia. So Vince is making decisions that he probably wouldn't be making in any other circumstance.

The XFL going into bankruptcy wouldn't be happening, the release and firing of a lot of wrestlers and employees wouldn't be happening and if he had a say in it, right now he wouldn't be going live with his programming because he knows that he could save money tapings shows and it would be safer for the performers involves in those show. But he really doesn't have a choice in the matter right now. That what peoples that never ran a multi million dollar company don't understand. Us and the dave meltzer of the world just look at the number that were given and think that they have enough money to survive and that 4 million a months isn't going to make a difference and maybe it won't i'm not a business man or and i don't have access to their accounting books but probably for them to be forced to do all these moves, they saw something that we, as normal people, didn't see and that's why we're being critical of them now more then ever, because we only have the outsider perspective of what'S going on right now.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Unlike WWE, XFL isn't an essential service.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can't wait for Heath Slater to come back in 2024 jacked to the gills and win the wwe championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykohurricane View Post
    Tommy dreamer said it best when talking about the release. It's big money and big business. That's all it is really. WWE lost a ton of money off mania weekend. If this last a year like some are predicting, they will lose a ton of money off summerslam weekend and survivor series weekend as well as losing a lot of money off not being able to go to saudi arabia. So Vince is making decisions that he probably wouldn't be making in any other circumstance.

The XFL going into bankruptcy wouldn't be happening, the release and firing of a lot of wrestlers and employees wouldn't be happening and if he had a say in it, right now he wouldn't be going live with his programming because he knows that he could save money tapings shows and it would be safer for the performers involves in those show. But he really doesn't have a choice in the matter right now. That what peoples that never ran a multi million dollar company don't understand. Us and the dave meltzer of the world just look at the number that were given and think that they have enough money to survive and that 4 million a months isn't going to make a difference and maybe it won't i'm not a business man or and i don't have access to their accounting books but probably for them to be forced to do all these moves, they saw something that we, as normal people, didn't see and that's why we're being critical of them now more then ever, because we only have the outsider perspective of what'S going on right now.
    WWE's revenue is being generated by TV deals, merchandise sales and WWE Network subscriptions. That's still a substantial amount of money when it'ls all said and done; my guess is that WWE's revenue will wind up somewhere in the $650 million range for 2020. Still, that's quite a drop compared to the $950+ million in revenue they made last year and, who knows, the venue may wind up being even less than my shot in the dark guess by the time it's all said and done. A lot of people are jumping down WWE's throats over this because...well...it's WWE and that's what wrestling fans do. Whenever WWE does something right, crap all over it. Whenever they do something that's wrong, crap all over it. Whenever it does anything that everyone else is doing, such as laying people off, then continue with the crapfest.

When you factor in WWE, NXT and NXT UK rosters, you're looking at well over 200 wrestlers and with a substantial drop in revenue, I don't think Vince can rationalize trying to sign up the whole wrestling world anymore, let alone justify keeping a lot of the talent he has when many of them are hardly even utilized.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes Psykohurricane liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Uncle Dave reports that Sarah Logan was scheduled for RAW but pulled at last minute. She has not been rehired.

Imagine being sacked, still asked to come in for a shift - at your own endangerment, mind you - and getting sent home.

Secondly, a perfect quote for the WWE's climate from Liz Myers, wife of Brian, had this to say in her blog;

"One week prior, they had wanted him to fly to Orlando to film for RAW and the next week they are getting rid of people."

As I said and now double down; securing their live TV deal by endangering their talents in one hand and firing them with another.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    The latest wrestler released, as just reported a few minutes ago, is Curtis Axel. I don't know if it's because of further budget cuts or if he asked for his release. Reportedly, WWE is open to releasing just about anybody who wants out of their contracts. Axel first signed with WWE back in 2007 and hasn't really been used much the past few years. He saw some success with Bo Dallas when they formed the B-Team, which got decent responses from the fans but I think Vince ultimately just lost interest.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information