Thread: Bobby Fish Injured

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bobby Fish Injured

At a recent NXT event, tag team champion Bobby Fish seemingly rolled his knee, leading to the ref tossing up the ol' "X" and an improvised finish in the match against Heavy Machinery.

The NXT Tag Team Titles were set to be defended against the winners of the Dusty Rhodes Classic. If the injury is substantial, the plans are going to change. The easy fix is allowing Undisputed Era to use the Freebird rule with the tag team championship and have Kyle O'Reilly defend alongside UE leader Adam Cole. There's also the option of vacating the tag titles in favour of putting the titles up for grabs in the DRC finals.

Poor Fish, though. Hope it's not as bad as suspected.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would definitely be a blow to the tag division, but like you said there is an easy fix with sticking Cole and O'Reilly as champions if Fish isn't able to compete. Plus Cole and O'Reilly were a team back in the day as well. And honestly I'd be more than okay with that as well. I'm not sure where Adam Cole is heading after his defeat to Aleister Black, so it works to build him and O'Reilly as champions. I imagine that will be the route they go and still move on with UE facing whomever wins the Dusty Classic.

It's been reported that Fish blew out his ACL and is expected to be out for 6 months. There are rumors, however, that Adam Cole will be filling in for Fish and that he could be pulling double duty for the TakeOver event in New Orleans. WWE.com already announced that he'll be part of a ladder match to determine the first NXT North American Champion so if the UE aren't going to be stripped of the titles, Cole may have himself a long night.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information