Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans possibly allowed at WWE and AEW events soon

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fans possibly allowed at WWE and AEW events soon

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhal...w-events-soon/

WWE will be happy. We are in a weird time in the world as it isn?t clear when anything will be back to normal. That is the kind of thing that can make long term planning nearly impossible, but at the same time it makes the present strange too. One of the weirdest issues for wrestling is having no fans in the building, but that could be changing in the very near future.

The crowds at wrestling events make everything feel more alive. There is something about the audience being that that makes the shows more energetic, if nothing else for the sound alone. That is the kind of thing that you can?t fake in an empty arena and it would be a big help to have it back. As it turns out, we might be getting fans back in the arena a lot sooner rather than later.

According to Local 10 News (Miami, Florida), Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has announced a three phase plan to reopen the state. Phase 1 of this plan includes a statement about sporting events:

?Large spectator sporting events should use strict social distancing guidelines and limit occupancy of venues to 25 percent of building capacity?

While not confirmed, this means that fans could be allowed back in to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando or Daily?s Place in Jacksonville for AEW events. The plan goes into effect on Monday, though WWE?s television has already been taped in advance for next week. Their next event at the Performance Center is scheduled for May 11. AEW will be live at Daily?s Place on May 6.
    Hopefully everyone stays safe and everything works out, but I'm really not sure. This seems way too early.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sounds real dope, but this seems too early.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Getting harder to defend this industry, honest

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    Getting harder to defend this industry, honest
    Why? WWE or the wrestling industry in general has nothing to do with this, it is all the idiot governor. Would WWE benefit, yes, but this one is all the government.

And WWE themselves were not individually declared essential, it was any sporting events with a national audience. Yes I know WWE did lobby for the designation (and they deserve derision for that act) but it isn't just them. If the Orlando Magic wanted to practice they'd be allowed by the government (not by the NBA).

Hell NASCAR is starting up this month, and Horse Racing is as well. No fans, but they'll have so many employees (each NASCAR driver has a 16 team crew with them, and then the staff for the venue and media coverage, that'll easily dwarf the number of people that WWE will have).
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Its ridiculous that lockdown laws are been relaxed in America when you look at the infection and mortality rate. Things are only going to get worse.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If I was a NASCAR, horseracing, or a Magic fan I'd say the same thing.

WWE and AEW chose to ignore a crisis that's shown to be a bigger crisis when said crisis goes ignored. They deserve all the shit they get, regardless who gives them the OK.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's an equally bad look for WWE and AEW, but you at least expect this from WWE. AEW has sold themselves as progressive. They want to "change the world". Looks like it was all talk.

It amazes me how many people have a "fuck the CDC" mentality, and just go about their own methods of handling a worldwide pandemic. Governor Desantis, I'm looking at you.

Six feet seems to be a pretty difficult distance to judge, and I figure that WWE and AEW will at the very least "require" that their fans wear facemasks. When you're on your eighth beer and feel like more people need to respect your bootleg Fiend shirt, you'll probably wander right up to strangers to ask why they're disrespecting you or lose your facemask while you were vomiting into your own jacket.

For some prowrestling is a fun escape from their stressful lives, and a live show is a chance to hoot and holler directly at the performers. For others prowrestling is Woodstock and they won't leave happy until everyone in the arena is left with a mental scar of their negative attitude toward a civil society.

AEW, if you kill Jake the Snake, I'll hate you forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

12. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Six feet seems to be a pretty difficult distance to judge
    For the citizens of Greater Chicago, this is a difficult challenge for most.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair
    Sounds real dope, but this seems too early.
    Yeah, I don't know about this.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Thread Information