Thread: Extreme Rules - Drew McIntyre (c) vs Dolph Ziggler - WWE Championship

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Extreme Rules - Drew McIntyre (c) vs Dolph Ziggler - WWE Championship

Why couldn't this be anyone else? Styles, Bryan, Mysterio, Joe, and Orton are right there.

But nope it's Ziggler because... well I'm sure it's more WWE genius that I (and apparently millions of other fans) don't understand

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not bothered. They have history and there's a rematch with Lashley to look forward to and Orton next month.

Even though it's a filler feud, it'll still be a pretty good match.

Sure, I get the notion of "anybody but him" when it comes to Ziggler. The guy's talented but he's also just damaged goods and has been for years. Guys like Styles and Bryan are needed right now in reviving the Intercontinental Championship. I suspect we'll get another classic bout between them for the title at SummerSlam. Mysterio is just getting to a point where he can't really go anymore. His knees are held together with little more than prayer and WWE is being very selective about using him. Besides, Mysterio is busy doing everything he can to make his kid a star. As for Samoa Joe, at this point in his career, he's probably better off just staying on commentary. He does a good job and he's gotten pretty injury prone the last few years; besides, he's probably gone as far as he's going to in WWE anyway.

McIntyre has already beaten Andrade a few times, Angel Garza won't really get anything out of a feud with McIntyre at this point. It looks like they're going to be in the tag title picture, which is a good place for them at this particular time. Apollo Crews is the first remotely relevant US champ in quite a while so feeding him to McIntyre is definitely counterproductive at this point. Miz or John Morrison would be solid contenders for McIntyre at this point, I wouldn't be opposed to either of them getting a shot.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bryan and Styles can put their feud on hold for a month or WWE could simply overlap feuds or book two at once. This is the same company that hands out world title matches to literally anyone who asks for one and regularly drops storylines with no explanation given. Continuity doesn't mean anything unless it's convenient for whatever Vince is feeling that day.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 06-23-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To be honest, this isn't that interesting to me.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's better then the original plan of having Jinder Mahal being put in that position. Dolph as always been a great performer that pretty much felt into the role of being a great plumber for the company, similar to what cesaro as become, so i know that it will be a great match for the next PPV before Drew moves on the a bigger opponent at summerslam.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's simple to answer, Styles and Bryan or on smackdown so they can't challenge Drew for his title. Mysterio is involve with Seth rollins and it would be stupid to scrap all they did in that feud just to put him in a title match, Joe is still not cleared to wrestled and why waste a big match like Mcintyre and Orton for a filler PPV when you could do that match at summerslam which is a way bigger event. That's why Ziggler is put in that position because they need somebody to face drew and Dolph as history with Drew. Just be thankful that Jinder got injured because we could have gotten Jinder vs Drew for the title at extreme rules instead of this match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykohurricane View Post
    That's simple to answer, Styles and Bryan or on smackdown so they can't challenge Drew for his title.
    Even if WWE is intent on following the brand split rules this time, there's still many more options.

Mysterio is involve with Seth rollins and it would be stupid to scrap all they did in that feud just to put him in a title match. Joe is still not cleared to wrestled and why waste a big match like Mcintyre and Orton for a filler PPV when you could do that match at summerslam which is a way bigger event.
    They could do a multi-man match. Drew vs Seth vs Rey continues the Seth vs Rey story. They could get really creative and bring back the Elimination Chamber with Drew, Seth, Rey, Lashley, Orton, and Aleister. Or a No DQ rematch with Drew and Lashley. If they can't do any of this because it's a B-PPV, why should fans watch?

That's why Ziggler is put in that position because they need somebody to face drew and Dolph as history with Drew. Just be thankful that Jinder got injured because we could have gotten Jinder vs Drew for the title at extreme rules instead of this match.
    They were in a tag team, but how far does that really go? The story will be like every other Ziggler feud. "I'm so underappreciated! I'm the best! It should've been me!" That was maybe true in 2014.

It's fine if people still like Ziggler and still see him as a main eventer, but he's definitely not the only option.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fans are not exactly packing the arenas right now so this is the perfect time for Dolph to be champion, if he's ever gonna be champion again. On paper, Drew's far more interesting and credible at the moment. The dude who recently dethroned Lesnar compared to the guy whose struggled to hold onto a position as a main event player the past few years, should definitely win.

10. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information