Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach accused of sexual harassment

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Coach accused of sexual harassment

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm reading a little bit about the lawsuit now and...wow, it sounds pretty epic:

The suit says Lawrence quit her job as a lawyer in 2015 to join the network as a fellow. Senior "SportsCenter" anchor John Buccigross, who has worked at the network since 1996, offered to mentor her, though he was soon making unwelcome advances and using “calculated grooming” tactics, the suit says. In text messages, the suit says, 52-year-old Buccigross commented on Lawrence’s “#longlegs” and “pretty face,” and sent her shirtless photos of himself, saying: “I’m a white boy and I’m jacked.”

In another text, he asked for a photo of her and offered to oil himself up "like a flag bearer from Tonga."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...sogyny-n853831

I also thought this part was interesting:

The suit also alleges that longtime ESPN host Chris Berman left a “threatening and racially disparaging” voicemail for Jemelle Hill, The Undefeated columnist. But Hill, in a Twitter post on Monday, said he’d done no such thing.

“A few years ago, I had a personal conflict with Chris Berman, but the way this conflict has been characterized is dangerously inaccurate,” she wrote. “Chris never left any racially disparaging remarks on my voicemail and our conflict was handled swiftly and with the utmost professionalism.”

Hill said she was disappointed that “someone I considered to be a friend at one point would misrepresent and relay a private conversation without my knowledge.”

3. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a load of shit. The world is losing its fucking marbles.

Of course this might devolve into a discussion about what actually constitutes sexual harassment and, of course, I don't believe this to be of the sort. I mean, it's pretty obvious that Coach is a bit of a womaniser. But does hitting on someone and trying to get them to have sex with you really constitute sexual harassment? Don't think so.

Sounds to me like Coach was just trying to get some action and is renowned for it. If that was the case and she apparently knew it, why bother taking him up on his offer of mentoring her? What a load of shit. There's no way Coach loses out over this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I also thought this part was interesting:
    Right, seems like her entire case is that "I heard this happened to others, so I guess I can claim it happened to me."

Literally all she said in her argument against Coach was that he asked what kind of music she liked And the rest is just hearsay.

Honestly, I would say just let ESPN burn to the ground (I hate them), but I don't want to see so many jobs taken away and innocent reputations tarnished.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    Right, seems like her entire case is that "I heard this happened to others, so I guess I can claim it happened to me."

Literally all she said in her argument against Coach was that he asked what kind of music she liked And the rest is just hearsay.

Honestly, I would say just let ESPN burn to the ground (I hate them), but I don't want to see so many jobs taken away and innocent reputations tarnished.
    I haven't even read the part about Coach, but if that's all it was...wow, what a attention seeker.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hopefully this isn't true. I like Coach's commentary. Although I have never met Coach, but he seems like an okay guy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I haven't even read the part about Coach, but if that's all it was...wow, what a attention seeker.
    Yup literally all he did was ask her what music she liked.

9. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is it Barry Manilow?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What? I read the report elsewhere and was wondering how exactly does it qualify as sexual harassment. His past isn't exactly mentioned and the only incident in the report is that he asked about her musical interests, she decided to tell him she has a boyfriend and communication stopped from his side completely. Does it even qualify as sexual harassment?

This kind of shit makes it even more difficult for real victims of sexual harassment to be believed or taken seriously.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I bet Phenom has strong opinions on this.

Thread Information