Thread: Impact Terminates Tessa Blanchard

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Impact Terminates Tessa Blanchard

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ntract-671823/

So Impact have terminated Tessa Blanchard's contract and stripped her of the Impact World Title.

Quite surprising really. They seemed to be building her up as one of the foundations of the company. Obviously due to the Caronavirus she seemed to be reluctant to travel ( she lives in Mexico) even when Impact were trying to organise it for her (understandable) but she apparently refused to do any video promos/interviews from her home (less understandable)

I guess the interesting thing is what happens now?

I see Impact bouncing back relatively easily (they've survived worse) and they've been building up a fair few people besides Tessa over the last few months anyway, so I feel they'll be fine.

As to what Tessa does that will be the interesting thing. Does she go to WWE, AEW or work in Mexico. She's definitely got some major name value as one of the best female talents not signed to WWE or AEW. But her attitude problems could definitely be a hindrance. Then again WWE brought in Killer Kross and he's a bit of a dickhead. Her dad works for AEW so there's that too.

What do you guys think?

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact champions tend to move on. There haven't been many multiple title reigns over the past couple of years.

She's a valuable asset to whoever she signs with next but probably not worth the hassle. She could bolster AEW's women's division (it definitely needs it) but maybe she now has aspirations of holding men's world titles wherever she goes, which seems unlikely I'm major promotions.

Rumor has it that WWE has already reached out to her, not surprising as she's currently, most likely, the biggest female star currently not signed with WWE. Nobody else is really making any noise right now and even though Impact is on a much lower tier than it once occupied, the fact that she was the first woman to hold an industry wide recognized men's World Championship generated a lot of buzz. Whether you were for it or against it, you were talking about it at some point.

Creatively, she'd probably be happier in AEW. AEW tends to give talent a broad road when it comes to implementing their own creative ideas. At the same time, however, she's not going to be able to do everything she wants to every single time and if she likes getting her way all the time, then her feathers are going to be ruffled some no matter where she goes. It seems to be more common among Millennial wrestlers in that they'll gripe, complain and/or outright refuse to listen to their employers if they're supposed to do something they don't personally like or agree with. If half of what I've read about her is true, Tessa sometimes has that problem.

Ordinarily, I'd say WWE would be where she'd make the most money but, as I said, she's someone that's generated a lot of buzz the past few years, especially over the course of the past year. That might be enough to help her sign a big contract with AEW because when you get right down to it, Cody and the other Elite are really the ones making the most money at this point. With few exceptions, most of AEW's roster has to take other bookings from other companies, provided said bookings don't interfere with AEW obligations. Cody, the Bucks, Jericho, Omega, Page and Moxley are easily the top paid people in the company. Tessa might be able to use her time in Impact to secure a big money deal for herself. If so, I think she'll sign with AEW as she'll be making good money and have a lot more creative freedom and input.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Impact needs Tessa a lot more than WWE, so since they fired her, I doubt she'd work out in WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    It seems to be more common among Millennial wrestlers in that they'll gripe, complain and/or outright refuse to listen to their employers if they're supposed to do something they don't personally like or agree with. If half of what I've read about her is true, Tessa sometimes has that problem.
    Based on what I've read and heard, this problem seems to be at an all-time low.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Right now, she decided to stay in Mexico until the pandemic is over so even if WWE or anybody else wants to sign her, they're going to run into the same problems that IMPACT did. The thing is, she really is a talented worker and grew a lot as a performer during her run on impact. If she had to choose between WWE and AEW, i think she should pick WWE because of the caliber of the women'S division which is higher then AEW were she would pretty much run circle around most of them. Their also the fact that she could run into the same problem that Charlotte ran to in WWE if she gets push too hard on top in and fans start to think that she's only getting push as the face of the AEW women'S division because of her Dad and the respect that Cody as for tully.

For now, she has some time before making a decision on what her next move will be, so let's just wait and see what her next move will be and let'S she if she really was worth it or just another flash in the pan performer.

Thread Information