Thread: WrestleMania: WWE Intercontinental Championship - Miz (c) VS Rollins VS Balor

WrestleMania: WWE Intercontinental Championship - Miz (c) VS Rollins VS Balor

Kurt Angle announced last night that this triple threat match for the Intercontinental Championship is officially on.

If given time, it's a match that can potentially steal the show. These three had a fantastic three way IC title #1 contenders match on Raw last May, which WWE.com listed as WWE's 10th best match of 2017, so there's all sorts of potential for greatness here.

I don't see Miz retaining the title, I have a feeling every title on the main roster will change hands at WrestleMania, though it's a complete toss up as to whether it's Balor or Rollins who wins. Regardless, this will not be the last of Miz in the IC title picture or the last time we see him as champion. Miz will tie and, at some point exceed, Chris Jericho's record of winning the title 9 times and he'll eventually have the most cumulative days as champion.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is a great match.

I always felt as though both Rollins and Balor were being wasted tucked away in the Tag division. This is a much better stage for them both to be competing on and, as Jack Hammer pointed out, had the potential to be one of the matches of the night. All three guys are capable of winning and being a great IC Champion. And what's more, I don't think anyone will be unhappy with the result, no matter what it is.

I'm not sure that Miz will retain at Mania with the way the story has been played out so far but I'd be okay with that. Both Rollins and Balor need this more than The Miz does at this point.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this match more than most.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If it was not for the inevitable #ReignsWinsLOL, I would have suggested that Miz could keep the title due to Rollins and Balor not getting along, leading to a gradual build to a Shield vs Balor Club by the time Ambrose is ready to go by around Summerslam.

Conversely, Rollins or Balor could win the title and feud over it, allowing Miz to be an initial challenger to the re-re-re-re-anointed Roman.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Given the talent of these three Superstars, outside of the main events, I think this match has the ability to possibly be the match of the night. Let Balor and Rollins show off with their spots and hopefully let Miz take the pin. These three can make it all work. Hopefully all three, and this match delivers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm glad they went with the triple threat instead of the rumored five way with Elias and Braun. Rollins has proven he may very well be the best performer on the WWE roster, Balor is incredibly consistent, and Miz might be the best character on the roster.

This match sets the bar pretty high as it should be stellar based on those involved. I'm pretty excited for it myself as these three have been involved in some of the best segments/matches on Raw for the past few months now. Count me in. Could very well be the match of the night once all is said and done.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's a toss up between Balor and Rollins for sure. Miz will get his 9th reign somewhere down the line.

I'm just happy that this year we are not getting another IC title ladder match with almost all the midcarders thrown in. This match has the potential to be excellent. I'm 100% sure this opens the show.

Just hoping they don't end up adding more people to this match for a Mania payday.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think this is Balor's moment: he missed Mania last year and desperately needs something major to add to his resume aside from 'first Universal Champion...for all of 20 hours', Rollins is being primed for bigger things (likely as the new face of SmackDown post shake-up) and Miz needs to lose the title in order to regain it and tie/break the record. This just screams Finn to me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I really don't want Strowman to be added to this one, nor Elias. Keep it a triple threat and it could be MOTN. Plus, Miz has the Miztourage, Balor has Balor Club, I'm wondering who could Rollins get... Maybe it's time to bring back JJ Security.

Plus, wanna hype this match more? It's"The Miz versus the two wrestlers that had the first match for the Universal Championship, now fighting for the IC Championship"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hope that this match is given enough time. And please don't have it on the kick-off show. Give them 20 minutes and these 3 can easily rock this match. Could even steal the show if given time. Also, give the victory to Balor instead of Rollins. But I think that it'll be Rollins since he has been strongly booked since he lost the tag titles.

Thread Information