Thread: Cancelled Segment?

Cancelled Segment?

There's a report going about, originally sourced from Sports Illustrated, that WWE had some sort of musical segment planned but that it's been cancelled. The segment would see Elias interacting with Jeff Jarrett and a few others before the Rock came out. As the Rock is busy doing promotional work for his latest movie, Rampage, WWE was unable to secure a commitment from him so, reportedly, the segment has been scrapped.

If it's indeed been scrapped, then thank God. Thank ya' Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might be a minority, or a majority but, either way, I have absolutely zero interest to sit through some 20+ minute sports entertainment promo segment that ultimately sees legends beat up Elias after they insult him musically. And yes, it would've been a minimum of 20 minutes as you just know the Rock would milk it for all he possibly could; hell, at least 10 minutes would be devoted to the Rock simply coming to the ring and posing on the ropes. WrestleMania is a marathon of a show as it is, especially if you watch any or all of the kickoff show matches, and this sort of segment, in my eyes, has no place on the biggest show of the year unless they did it right at the very beginning of the main card aspect of the show. Even then, it's not something that'd hold any interest for me as I'd rather see 30 minutes of the Rock jerking off to his own adulation devoted to matches on the card.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    With a card stacked with matches that are going to exhaust the fans, sure let's get rid of one of those breathers where they can sit back, talk, take a piss or get some snacks. This is pretty sad if the report is true. Can't imagine what else they're going to do segment-wise that might have been fun. Elias getting his ass handed to him is a major reason why he's popular to begin with, and if its with a bunch of Hall of Famers accompanied by The Rock, right on. He deserves his moment in the sun. Jarrett smacking Elias with Slapnuts would be a cool spot. Don't see why anybody would be happy about this. They're only going to replace it with something less interesting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Because why would it be good for Elias to be getting a rub from some superior talent. God forbid.

Thread Information