Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania: WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) VS Roman Reigns

WrestleMania: WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) VS Roman Reigns

I figured that somebody might as well go a head and make this thread because, up until last night, it was one of the only other official matches on the card.

Anticipation for this match is somewhat complicated. On one hand, some aren't excited for this match because we've known for an almost absolute fact that it's been coming for almost a year and that Roman Reigns will be the decisive winner. On the other hand, some are excited, to some degree, as it means that the Universal Championship will be featured regularly on Raw once again as Lesnar's absence of months at a time has been a complaint among a lot of net fans. Some anticipate it because it MIGHT be Brock Lesnar's last match if he doesn't reach a new deal with WWE and they're just tired of the guy.

The match itself will probably be very physical and very good in terms of action and possibly storytelling, just like their first encounter from WrestleMania XXXI, which was a match that a lot of us, me included, thought would just suck all over the place. Unless Roman does something to score some mega heat between now and WrestleMania, the title is all but his already.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes Slyfox696, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thing is, we doubted the quality of this match before the match at Mania 31 and we were proved wrong. Sure, the match was helped by an amazing cash in from Rollins but I'm positive it would have been good enough without it. The match was very physical and told a great story for both Lesnar and Reigns. If we get the same kind of match this time around, I'll be happy.

4. Likes Wildcat66, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lesnar vs. Reigns from Mania 31 is like the perfect storm; the fight they had was much more entertaining than anyone predicted and made Brock look great in destroying Roman, Roman look great is sustaining that damage and made Seth Rollins look great because he cashed in and wrote WWE out of a very tricky situation. It was quite possibly the most perfectly booked conclusion to a WrestleMania ever. That isn't going to happen this time.

For one the show is now an hour longer (at least) than it was then, there's no Seth Rollins equivalent to crash the party and finally, given the story WWE are telling, this could very well go the way of Mania 20. If Brock does leave then the fans will know and they will harass him for it, if he signs a new deal, then the fans will cheer for him overwhelmingly. Either way, the hardcore audience in New Orleans isn't going to cheer Roman. Whether right or wrong, Reigns will not be embraced by the hardcore audience at this moment, in spite of WWE's best efforts.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So far, I've really been enjoying the buildup to this match, more-so than what I was expecting. I really like the angle they've taken of Roman saying that he's the workhorse and Lesnar doesn't give two shits about the company. As for whether or not Roman will be over during the match itself, probably not. But I think it'll be a really fun match, and the story they're giving it works a lot better for me than the "IM THE BIG DAWG DIS MY YARD NOW" bullshit we've been getting.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wanna get Reigns over? Have him receive the same punishment both Cena and Orton received at Summerslams. Make him bleed. Break him. Book this like Lesnar is killing him. But have Reigns kick out of everything.
    Then, after Lesnar sees that Reigns can't be pinned. Have him walk out of the match. Book Lesnar like he doesn't give a fuck. He takes the belt and leaves and says "screw this". Reigns wins via count out. The crowd would shit on Lesnar for that.
    Then, have Reigns go after him and completely beat the shit out of him, like he did with Triple H at TLC.

Wrestlemania ends, Reigns didn't win the title, but he won the fans, while Lesnar is labeled as a coward who walked away from Reigns and then, got his ass kicked by him, which means that Reigns would have beaten him.

You can award the title to Reigns on one of the following RAWs. But now Reigns will be a babyface.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    Wanna get Reigns over? Have him receive the same punishment both Cena and Orton received at Summerslams. Make him bleed. Break him. Book this like Lesnar is killing him. But have Reigns kick out of everything.
    Then, after Lesnar sees that Reigns can't be pinned. Have him walk out of the match. Book Lesnar like he doesn't give a fuck. He takes the belt and leaves and says "screw this". Reigns wins via count out. The crowd would shit on Lesnar for that.
    Then, have Reigns go after him and completely beat the shit out of him, like he did with Triple H at TLC.

Wrestlemania ends, Reigns didn't win the title, but he won the fans, while Lesnar is labeled as a coward who walked away from Reigns and then, got his ass kicked by him, which means that Reigns would have beaten him.

You can award the title to Reigns on one of the following RAWs. But now Reigns will be a babyface.
    Or how about make Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar like Goldberg did? Make him beat the heck outta Brock like Brock does to others.

That's very unlikely. The build has been good but I'm still not interested to watch Roman Reigns main event another Wrestlemania.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Or how about make Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar like Goldberg did? Make him beat the heck outta Brock like Brock does to others.

That's very unlikely. The build has been good but I'm still not interested to watch Roman Reigns main event another Wrestlemania.
    If they do that then Reigns would get so much hate. And the backlash towards WWE for giving a 1 minute match for the main event of Wrestlemania would be out of this world.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Reigns kicks out of everything, he gets booed. That just wouldn't work.

If this was Summerslam...maybe. But you cannot have a screwy ending to Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania is far and away the biggest cash cow the WWE has, you cannot do something which may turn people against it.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Reigns kicks out of everything, he gets booed. That just wouldn't work.

If this was Summerslam...maybe. But you cannot have a screwy ending to Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania is far and away the biggest cash cow the WWE has, you cannot do something which may turn people against it.
    How would you do it Sly? How would you book a match which ends with people cheering Roman? If that's possible.

17. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How would you do it Sly? How would you book a match which ends with people cheering Roman? If that's possible.
    I don't know it's possible. About the only way to get the people who boo him to start cheering him is to make him a heel...at which point the ones who cheer him now will start booing him.

19. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information