Thread: Opponents For The Bar

Opponents For The Bar

There are rumors going around that Sheamus & Cesaro will defend their Raw Tag Team Championship at WrestleMania against a team that isn't a team yet. This has led to further speculation that the end of the feud between Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt will culminate in the two of them forming a tag team; it was thought that their blow off match, set to happen at the Hardy Compound, was to air during WrestleMania but PWInsider.com is reporting that the match will likely go down and air before then.

As far as Wyatt and Hardy teaming up, it might be interesting. There've been rumors for years of officials considering turning Bray Wyatt babyface and forming a tag team with "Woken" Matt Hardy could be a way of bringing it about. It could also be a way to give Wyatt a fresh start for a later singles push further on down the line as Wyatt comes off more like damaged goods right now, at least to me, and really has been since his program with Randy Orton last year. Wyatt has been a victim of inconsistent booking for years, maybe to a greater degree than anyone else on the main roster, so I'm all for giving something a shot that might inject some fresh life into him and give him purpose.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wyatt and Hardy were definitely the first two that came to mind. While it would definitely add some intrigued, I'm not much interested. Anything Bray Wyatt for the last year and half to two years has been incredibly lackluster. And while everyone is quick to jump to blame the booking, have we ever thought that maybe Bray Wyatt just isn't that good. That's where I'm at. The guy hasn't done anything really memorable since coming to the main roster. His feud with Bryan was probably his peak. Nothing else has been worth mentioning.

The next thing that came to mind was Braun. Just Braun. Someone brought up Braun and Elias could form an alliance and face The Bar, but I countered it with just having Braun challenge The Bar for the titles himself. While it doesn't scream a creative idea, I can't recall one man challenging for the tag titles. Braun is definitely the perfect contender to do so. Plus Braun vs. Sheamus or Cesaro is definitely something I want to see.

3. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd set it up like this. Let Sheamus and Cesaro keep the win streak. Have it to all the way to Wrestlemania, where they hold an open challenge, saying no team can beat them, that they are writing history or some cheesy line like that.

Cue a one Paul Ellering to talks about how his authors are going to be the ones doing the writing.

AoP and The Bar beating the piss out of each other for 10-12 minutes to open the show could be good and AoP should get a good pop to set the crowd on the right path.

5. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Bray and Matt team up, what happens at the Ultimate Deletion? When will they do that?

The Braun idea sounds entertaining on paper, but it would completely destroy The Bar's credibility, if they were to lose to one guy. Also, putting Braun in a tag team, isn't really something that fits him.

I also don't think that they will have a NXT team challenge them at Wrestlemania, because it's freaking Wrestlemania.

I honestly have no idea where this is going. Maybe they will do the Ultimate Deletion before Mania, but wouldn't that suck?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    The next thing that came to mind was Braun. Just Braun. Someone brought up Braun and Elias could form an alliance and face The Bar, but I countered it with just having Braun challenge The Bar for the titles himself. While it doesn't scream a creative idea, I can't recall one man challenging for the tag titles. Braun is definitely the perfect contender to do so. Plus Braun vs. Sheamus or Cesaro is definitely something I want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    The Braun idea sounds entertaining on paper, but it would completely destroy The Bar's credibility, if they were to lose to one guy. Also, putting Braun in a tag team, isn't really something that fits him.
    I think there's room for a middle ground here. Have Braun challenge The Bar in the weeks leading to WrestleMania. In no uncertain terms, Braun says he'll win the tag team championship all by himself. That doesn't stop Elias from proclaiming a "newfound mutual respect" between he and Braun (which Braun doesn't to acknowledge). Elias can piggyback on Braun's championship victory by helping him win, leaving the question of whether Elias is an official tag team champion or not.

Strange to start an angle at WrestleMania, but it could work.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd rather have a team moved from NXT and/or the winner of the Dusty Classic challenge Sheamus and Cesaro (however long that goes, I don't keep up). Nothing against Wyatt or Hardy, honestly I think they get a lot more hate than what either deserve, but I don't care to see Team Laugh go to Wrestlemania, you know? The Bar has become a great team, and should face somebody else who didn't start off as an odd pairing. The Bar already was that in the beginning. Not enough time really to hype a good feud between the four. Not really much time to build on anybody really, but for a team that's been established to cross The Bar's path? For me that makes sense.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm astounded at the lack of heat for this match. You'ld think it would be simple.

Having Braun(and a partner) as the challengers to Sheamus and Cesaro is actually a best case scenario. I was expecting(and hoping for) the Revival, but this should actually be better. Strowman has some major unfinished business with the Bar. Wasn't it in October at TLC that they tried to murderStrowman? As in, alongside Miz, they put Strowman in a garbage truck and tried to crush him? Being that it was only five months ago, you'ld think it would be fresh on Strowman's mind. Moreso then winning the titles, Id think Strowman would want revenge. And while there's time to change this, that has yet to be mentioned at all.

I shouldn't be surprised, but its almost insulting to continuity that this isn't the focus of this match. Such is life as a WWE fan.

10. Likes Undying liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
    I'm astounded at the lack of heat for this match. You'ld think it would be simple.

Having Braun(and a partner) as the challengers to Sheamus and Cesaro is actually a best case scenario. I was expecting(and hoping for) the Revival, but this should actually be better. Strowman has some major unfinished business with the Bar. Wasn't it in October at TLC that they tried to murderStrowman? As in, alongside Miz, they put Strowman in a garbage truck and tried to crush him? Being that it was only five months ago, you'ld think it would be fresh on Strowman's mind. Moreso then winning the titles, Id think Strowman would want revenge. And while there's time to change this, that has yet to be mentioned at all.

I shouldn't be surprised, but its almost insulting to continuity that this isn't the focus of this match. Such is life as a WWE fan.
    There's always been a lack of continuity with Braun's storylines. He isn't the only one but didn't he just recently lay waste to Roman after losing the chamber and the next night Roman came out not even mentioning the beatdown while turning his attention toward Brock?

His opponent has to be Joe i'm pretty certain at this point. Joe's supposedly is due back now and for Christ sake do not put Samoa freaking Joe in that Battle Royal. Let him be Braun's partner, they destroy the Bar and go on a tag division rampage for the next few months before Joe turns on Braun. It could help elevate them both and give us some awesome hoss fights in the process.

Thread Information