Thread: Election Aftermath

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Election Aftermath

I'm surprised that nobody has created a thread similar to this yet. I'm curious as to what the people of this forum currently think about the 2020 Presidential Election and it's aftermath.

Where does everyone stand?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Memes seem to say the new Pres is a pedophile. Obviously I dont get my info from Memes but they're as reliable as any news source.

Seriously though, good to have Trump, I mean from the outside looking in, he did some good things, the first time in a long time the USA wasnt at war I believe? Of course thay gets countered with he was a puppet for dictators.

Politics makes my head hurt

Gonna go make a steak sandwich

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When was the last time the loser of an election didn?t whine about it? Just let it go already.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just don't get it though. I don't understand how easy it was for Trump and his cohorts to convince about half the country that there was election fraud and that the Dems were attempting a power grab. No evidence, his legal team has lost 32 out of 34 court cases, GOP Secretaries of State and Governors are saying the Election was secure, a Trump appointee said the Election was secure (He was then fired because how dare he), etc. If there were evidence then by all means, investigate; but there is no evidence. MAGA supporters were saying the Dems are attempting a coup while Trump was literally trying to overturn the Election by speaking personally with Election officials and State legislators, firing top Government officials and replacing them with people loyal to him, and trying to put doubt on the voters. Like, we as a nation have literally warned other countries leaders about doing the exact same thing. We've held up funding and supplies and what not. Now our leader is doing it? What makes it so bad, though, is that his supporters were ok with it. Right wingers say the left are communists (and usually every word that ends with ist because a lot don't know the difference), but they were glad to let Trump become a dictator. That's what I couldn't wrap my head around. I mean all it takes for Trumpists to believe something is Kayleigh Mceneny going on Fox News and holding up a stack of papers and saying, "I've got the proof right here.". Reporter says, "Let me see those.". "I would love to Tucker, but as for right now we're not going to give away our evidence on live tv." That's like the GOP signature go to, "I've got it right here!". *Either point to or hold up a stack of papers*

I have no problems with the right. I was raised in KY and have a lot of conservative ideals myself. All I'm saying is, it worries me how willing a lot of them are to just believe any and everything Trump says and when presented with facts that utterly and completely prove the opposite; it's fake news or it's, "Do some research.". I'm back in KY right now and the number of people bitching around here about masks and COVID-19 mandates is ridiculous.

I don't know how we became so divided. I just don't get it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I?m not going to read all that. All I know is the left literally whined about the last election for 4 years, and are now telling the right to get over their loss. Literally the definition of hypocritical.

It?s happened every election since Bush/Gore. Par for the course.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Trump and republicans after they recount the votes and Biden still wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTl2JpjWwD4

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    I?m not going to read all that. All I know is the left literally whined about the last election for 4 years, and are now telling the right to get over their loss. Literally the definition of hypocritical.

It?s happened every election since Bush/Gore. Par for the course.
    Stark differences between 2016 and 2020. I agree, politicians are very hypocritical. On both sides. I could write a book on the GOP's hypocrisy from this year alone. I digress, however. I'm tired of politics.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The mayor of Denver tweeted FROM THE AIRPORT telling his city to stay at home and not travel for Thanksgiving. It?s not a GOP thing. It?s a politician thing. Politicians are literally the worst people on the planet. At least you know what a criminal is about. Politicians pretend they?re your friend while stabbing you in the back and stealing your wallet.
    Last edited by Fire Marshall Bill; 12-05-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    True, and this year we had GOP Senators who in 2016, 10 months before the election, refused to confirm Obama's pick for SCOTUS. Saying the reason being that it was an election year and that the voters should choose. One even said, "If I ever change my position on this for a Republican President, find this video and show it to me and hold my feet to the fire. I will never be willing to confirm a SCOTUS Justice in an election year". Then in, 2020, they confirmed a new SCOTUS Justice a week before election day.

As I said, there's hypocrisy on both sides.

Thread Information