Thread: AEW wrestlers not thrilled with Jim Ross publicly burying their in-ring work

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AEW wrestlers not thrilled with Jim Ross publicly burying their in-ring work

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/ae...r-in-ring-work

Although I agree with a lot of JR's criticisms about matches being too fast and filled with too many spots that are quickly losing their meaning, this should probably be handled backstage.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not really sure why he does this. I wonder if he's in the back giving his advice to these guys personally, or if he just criticizes them publicly. If it's the former this doesn't look as bad. If his podcast is the first time they're hearing this stuff, I can understand the saltiness.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When the talent say he's right and they should do something differently, but they won't change it because he doesn't talk nicely to them, the problem is NOT with JR but with the talent. They know there's a problem but refuse to fix it. That's sad.

I'm not saying JR is right. I don't know. If he refuses to talk to the talent and then complains about their work, then he should change that strategy. However, it is also conceivable that he does talk to them, or that he is not allowed to talk to them, or the talent refuses to ask him for advice.

Similarly, JR cannot just call an all-talent meeting. Is he expected to go to virtually every talent 1-on-one? That's inconceivable. Could be go to a Cody, or the Bucks, and bring it up? Yes, but if they don't do anything with that then he's back to square 1.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

5. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    J.R. clearly doesn't like a lot of AEW. That's clear from his commentary.

He's right but that's wrestling now.

7. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A lot of wrestling matches look far too choreographed these days. I agree with JR about the over the top rope dive huddle. You can always see it coming from a mile off, then we hit a commercial break and come back with the bad guys in control

9. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Those dives always make me mad. It's so obvious, and it only looks effective when they catch a big man. And then people fall randomly, making it look fake.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm listening to the podcast now and he literally says he talked to a guy about it and that's what brings it up. So he LITERALLY did what people want him to do and they're "pissed" at him for it. They can fuck right off. If Dave Meltzer said the same thing they wouldn't be all bothered about it they'd probably get down on their knees to worship the ground he walks on and promise not to do it again.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

12. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Jim Ross has been doing this ever since he joined AEW, he's just never been quite as straightforward about it as he's being here.

Jim Ross is in AEW for a paycheck as his passion clearly isn't in the AEW product, that's also been pretty obvious from the beginning. He makes some good points, though I don't know if he's spoken with talent about any of this backstage or what. If he has and they just keep on keepin' on, then it's on the talent themselves. Otherwise, it does just kinda look like he's bashing the product.

I have a feeling he's really spoken with a lot of the talent about all this and part of their problem with all this is that Jim Ross hasn't allowed himself to become a mark. He knows what he likes, what he doesn't like, he'll freely offer advice and his opinion but he doesn't go around basically jerking AEW off in the same way someone like Dave Meltzer does.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

14. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Thread Information