Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Mid-Card Championship For NXT

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know the general answer is going to be something about having too many times, but here's the thing: NXT has managed to make almost anything work. They know how to do great things with almost anything and if they give this the time (which they will), it's going to work. NXT has a solid midcard and a lot of those people need something to do. I don't hate this idea and it has some potential, though it likely spells the end of the UK Title.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm all for a mid-card nXt title however instead of the "North American" title I would have gone with 'The Network" title similar to the old TV title. With the rule to make it different than the other nXt titles is that it is to be defending every week. Add 30 minutes to the show.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One way I could see this belt being valuable is that it could offer a wider array of talents the opportunity to hold gold in NXT. Lets face it- the expansion to the current touring and Takeover format has basically necessatated that the main title holder be a guy who already possessed international clout, name value, and drawing power prior to entering WWE. Not since Dallas has a mostly WWE creation been champ. The champs aren't developmental talents, they're guys who are on temporary NXT stays to polish themselves in the WWE style. Guys like Lars or Velveteen represent something different, they are mostly creations of the WWE machine, and it would be nice to see an extra stage to showcase that type of home built talent, instead of locking them under a glass ceiling.
    Last edited by Darkest Timeline; 03-25-2018 at 03:12 PM.

5. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The ladder match for the North American Championship has been set for Takeover and the participants are EC3, Velveteen Dream, Adam Cole, Lars Sullivan, Killian Dain and Ricochet. That's quite a group of talent and i'm having trouble picking a favorite to win. EC3 sounds like the best option on paper as an arrogant wrestler winning a title is always entertaining to see and I feel he can do a lot more for it storyline wise. You also have Velveteen Dream who became one of the most must see wrestlers on NXT seemingly over night with a classic against Aleister Black and another outstanding outing against Johnny Wrestling. Adam Cole needs a big win sometime soon as he hasn't had much luck since picking up the win for his team in WarGames. Then you have the debuting Ricochet and two monsters in Lars and Dain.

I'm going with EC3, but I wouldn't complain about really any of these guys winning the title. There's really not a bad option and that makes me excited.

A video has been released of Triple H revealing the NXT North American Championship belt. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...le-belt-video/

My first impression, based on what we see in the video, is that it's definitely on the ugly side. Maybe it's something that'll grow on me and I'll get into more once better images from different angles are shown. How a title looks isn't the most important thing in the world, but Triple H is pretty hit and miss when it comes to designs. There just doesn't look like there's a whole lot of symmetry between the title plates and the leather strap itself. The strap sorta puts me in mind of a real old school design, sort of like how the strap for the Mid-Atlantic United States Heavyweight Championship looked during the 70s. I figured they'd work the actual North American continent into the design but I dunno, I'm just sorta underwhelmed by the whole thing right now.

Still, what matters really is making good use of the title and champion so if that's good, it's all good.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information