Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Network moving to Peacock!

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE Network moving to Peacock!

Peacock to the become the exclusive home of WWE Network in the U.S. | WWE

WWE Network will be integrated into Peacock in the US beginning on March 18th. It will be the entire Network, as current WWE Network subscribers will be folded into Peacock closer to the launch.

According to the press release we will get the following with the updated WWE Network:

• All live pay-per-view events including WrestleMania and SummerSlam; Fastlane will be the first WWE pay-per-view to stream on Peacock on Sunday, March 21.
    • Original series like Steve Austin Broken Skull Sessions, Undertaker: The Last Ride and the all-new WWE Icons;
    • In-ring shows like NXT, NXT UK and WWE 205 Live, as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown;
    • WWE Network archives, including every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view event in history;
    • Groundbreaking documentaries, including WWE 24, WWE Untold, and WWE 365;
    • And, starting in 2022, one signature documentary annually.

That last one is interesting, as I read that as a Documentary more like the Andre The Giant one HBO did (or old WWE ones) instead of the 1 hour documentaries they've been doing. Give me more long-form documentaries.

Pro's:

• The with ads version of Peacock is $4.99. $5 cheaper. Ad-free is still $9.99
    • With your subscription you get more than just the WWE Network stuff, you get all of Peacock Premiums programming (like the new Saved By The Bell show, Premier League soccer and The Office)
    • If you already have Peacock it's one less subscription you need to pay for.

Cons:
    • Short term it may lead to some confusion with regards to people needing to download a new app on their devices.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love this because I can watch The Office again without paying for a new streaming service.

3. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE Network and Premier League football for 10 dollars a month. You guys are lucky

5. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll be honest, I know Peacock has been somewhat lagging behind the rest of the streaming services. This will push it right up there with HBO Max I think.

WWE Network, The Office (I'm yet to watch it believe it or not), and with NBC Sports Network ending in 2021 they'll likely shift some of their NHL Coverage there.

Also, NBC airs the Olympics, so I'm willing to bet the 2021 Olympics will have the vast majority of it airing on Peacock (as well as on Cable TV).

Most importantly, apparently WWE is getting $1 Billion from NBC/Universal over 5 years for WWE Network. That's the same money WWE got for Smackdown from Fox. It's almost as if Vince is still a genius businessman, turning the WWE Network into a Billion Dollar entity.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just in case it was not clear in anything prior to this, this is ONLY for US customers. It has no effect on anyone outside of America.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

I read earlier in one of the articles that information as to whether subscriber's current WWE Network subscriptions will be automatically transferred to Peacock or if you'll have to establish a Peacock account will be released at a later date.

Aside from the WWE Network, I haven't subscribed to any streaming service so this might wind up changing my mind about them. There are a lot of great shows on Peacock but the center of the streaming universe right now seems to be HBO Max and Disney+ and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

This is a good deal for WWE as they'll be making a bit more per year than they currently ar from the network but none of that money will have to go towards the upkeep of the network itself. All WWE has to do is provide the content and leave whatever expenses go into keeping the network up to NBC. So yeah, this makes WWE's third billion dollar deal and they're expected record revenue from 2020 along with far less expenses than normal since they didn't tour for most of the year. House shows also look to be a thing of the past as WWE isn't expected to resume touring for house shows even when the pandemic is gotten under control. I'm assuming they'll do Raw, SmackDown and PPVs in different cities, like normal, in front of fans once things are under control, which will be pretty good for a lot of the talent in that they'll go from working four to five days a week to four to five days a month.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I finally learned something: ratings don't matter at all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I finally learned something: ratings don't matter at all.
    We're in 2021 BSE not 1999

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I read earlier in one of the articles that information as to whether subscriber's current WWE Network subscriptions will be automatically transferred to Peacock or if you'll have to establish a Peacock account will be released at a later date.

Aside from the WWE Network, I haven't subscribed to any streaming service so this might wind up changing my mind about them. There are a lot of great shows on Peacock but the center of the streaming universe right now seems to be HBO Max and Disney+ and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

This is a good deal for WWE as they'll be making a bit more per year than they currently ar from the network but none of that money will have to go towards the upkeep of the network itself. All WWE has to do is provide the content and leave whatever expenses go into keeping the network up to NBC. So yeah, this makes WWE's third billion dollar deal and they're expected record revenue from 2020 along with far less expenses than normal since they didn't tour for most of the year. House shows also look to be a thing of the past as WWE isn't expected to resume touring for house shows even when the pandemic is gotten under control. I'm assuming they'll do Raw, SmackDown and PPVs in different cities, like normal, in front of fans once things are under control, which will be pretty good for a lot of the talent in that they'll go from working four to five days a week to four to five days a month.
    I dont know if the less house shows deal is good. Sure it means less dates and more rest but it also means less practice and, although I'm not savvy to a WWE contract, I would assume it means less money since you're working less dates

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm 2 episodes into Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and it's incredible. Andy Samberg is hilarious.

Thread Information