Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Network moving to Peacock!

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Watch WWE - Stream every live pay-per-view including WrestleMania | Peacock (peacocktv.com)

Peacock is running a promotion that you can get 4 months of Peacock (the $4.99 version) for $9.99, 50% off the regular price.

So that means for 4 months you'd be spending $2.50 for WWE Network.

WWE Network to launch on Peacock March 18 | WWE

One bad news about this. They are going to have the past years content up right away, but the migration to Peacock for all the complete archive will be complete by SummerSlam. Understandable as there's so much content that it takes time to put it up.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Streaming to the left of me! Streaming to the right of me! Streaming in front of me! Tennyson was on to something.

In my happy home, we have the OG Netflix because it's fucking Netflix and Disney+ because Hamilton and my kid.

I got rid of the WWE Network long ago because I only need to see The Royal Rumble and maybe Wreslemania, which is roughly $100 as opposed to the $120 that I'd be paying for a year of all the nonsense that the WWE is mass producing to validate having a streaming platform.

Peacock, meh. These major networks are ridiculously late to the game. NBC has a massive amount of content, that I've already seen to the point where I'm not super excited about paying extra to have exclusive access.

SNL is neat, but more miss than hit. The Office is fun, but I've already seen the entire series. I really hate Andy Samberg, I've never found his style of "laugh at me, not with me" to be amusing. Jimmy Fallon is to the Tonight Show what Chevy Chase was to the Chevy Chase Show. I've seen two episodes of 30 Rock, and that was enough to earn a hard pass from me.

I'm happy that the WWE is getting a huge infusion of cash during this trying times, and that at this point they're getting paid by two major networks. There's just way too much shit that's churned out when a major media entity puts out a streaming channel, and I see all of the streaming platforms following that trend. There's the hit shows, and then there's the massive swamp of useless content that they shotgun onto your main menu that's absolutely terrible.
    Last edited by EnviousDominous; 03-15-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    Streaming to the left of me! Streaming to the right of me! Streaming in front of me! Tennyson was on to something.

In my happy home, we have the OG Netflix because it's fucking Netflix and Disney+ because Hamilton and my kid.

I got rid of the WWE Network long ago because I only need to see The Royal Rumble and maybe Wreslemania, which is roughly $100 as opposed to the $120 that I'd be paying for a year of all the nonsense that the WWE is mass producing to validate having a streaming platform.

Peacock, meh. These major networks are ridiculously late to the game. NBC has a massive amount of content, that I've already seen to the point where I'm not super excited about paying extra to have exclusive access.

SNL is neat, but more miss than hit. The Office is fun, but I've already seen the entire series. I really hate Andy Samberg, I've never found his style of "laugh at me, not with me" to be amusing. Jimmy Fallon is to the Tonight Show what Chevy Chase was to the Chevy Chase Show. I've seen two episodes of 30 Rock, and that was enough to earn a hard pass from me.

I'm happy that the WWE is getting a huge infusion of cash during this trying times, and that at this point they're getting paid by two major networks. There's just way too much shit that's churned out when a major media entity puts out a streaming channel, and I see all of the streaming platforms following that trend. There's the hit shows, and then there's the massive swamp of useless content that they shotgun onto your main menu that's absolutely terrible.
    Getting the Rumble and WrestleMania should have only be $20, not $100. Just get the Network for that show and cancel afterwards. Much better than getting the PPV for $50 each.

Now with Peacock it'll be $4.99 a month so it'll be $9.98 for the Mania/Rumble package.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Getting the Rumble and WrestleMania should have only be $20, not $100. Just get the Network for that show and cancel afterwards. Much better than getting the PPV for $50 each.

Now with Peacock it'll be $4.99 a month so it'll be $9.98 for the Mania/Rumble package.
    Look, I don't like being pulled into the "subscription" media game.

I'm not speaking for everyone, but from my experience the video and sound quality of a streamed WWE PPV is absolute shit. My internet connection is blazing fast at all times, and I watch it through my smart tv. My only explanation for why my experience with the Network is so terrible is that it wasn't prepared for the massive amount of people that would be bogging down whatever server is streaming the content.

When I pay $50 to watch a PPV directly through my cable provider, I get everything in uninterrupted high definition. Totally worth the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I did wonder if people still purchased PPVs and what their reasons would be. For me WWE Network is a godsend. I've been able to watch all the AE during lockdown whilst WFH.

The only downside is WWE long documentaries suffered as a result. It could be to do with them ending their partnership with coliseum videos I think it was.

I'm not a massive fan of the WWE 24 series but I really enjoyed the Icon they did on Yoko.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, I never had issues with the WWE Network stream. MAYBE once or twice in the 7 years.

It's allowed me to watch every show without any issues. It also allows me to replay the show later if need be.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've had a few issues in the past. I think I may have had the PPV stream quality once when it was live but I'd forgotten about it tbh. I would randomly get an error saying I lost connection whilst watching old shows even though it continued to stream.

I do remember one year, I think it was 'Mania 32, I didn't have a sub but got to watch the show on the network for free. The catalogue is unrivalled and its an absolute dream for a fan like myself.

10. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is the quality $80 (now $90) better?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not a big fan of Peacock. I get the business aspect to why the WWE switched but the Network is better.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Thread Information